• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tool Kit?? 2021 R1250rt

I have the sbv tool roll linked above from Ted Porter on my R1200RTw with a few add-on tools. The add-ons include a Knipex plier-wrench, a multi-tool, and a small vise-grip pliers. I also carry a small multi-meter, a bit of electrical tape, some duct tape, a bit of 18 and 22 gauge stranded wire, a few posi-locks, and a small assortment of m4, m5, and m6 fasteners (in a small baggie or plastic container. I also have a small first-aid kit with some scissors, razor blade, tape, gauze, band-aids, little bottle of alcohol, visine eye drops, antibiotic gel, q-tips, and insect repellent.

The first-aid kit gets more use (mostly the eye drops, sometimes a band-aid, and insect repellent (in the summer). I have not had to use the tools on my bike, but have helped others a time or two.

There are other threads related to this topic -

Those SVB kits are the cat's meow . Both my brother and I have them and I use mine frequently for maintenance. Very well put together and much lighter then my cobbled together toolkit I had before.. A bit pricey perhaps, but the quality is there and good tools are worth it IMHO. I also added a small multimeter, tape, extra fuses and a Gerber multitool. YMMV

I went back and looked at the SBV tool roll and saw that it came with a small pair of vise grip pliers. So, I will amend my additions to be the Knipex plier-wrench, a bit of baling wire, electrical wire, electrical and duct tape, posi-lock connectors, multi-meter, multi-tool, fastener assortment, and a "cresent" adjustable wrench. Since I am left-handed, I prefer the left-handed metric wrench. :)

metric-cresent.jpg

I typically build a took kit on a new bike based on removing/installing wheels as you may have to do that in a parking lot some day if a dealer doesn't have time to get your bike into service but could mount tires if you just brought in the wheels.

Also, for taking side panels and gas cap ring. The oem seat has some items there.

Not much you can fix on the side of the road on a modern wethead, thus minimal tools are included. You should have tools to pull the wheels and remove some tupperware anyways.

I went back and looked at the SBV tool roll and saw that it came with a small pair of vise grip pliers. So, I will amend my additions to be the Knipex plier-wrench, a bit of baling wire, electrical wire, electrical and duct tape, posi-lock connectors, multi-meter, multi-tool, fastener assortment, and a "cresent" adjustable wrench. Since I am left-handed, I prefer the left-handed metric wrench. :)

View attachment 97275
I have both right and left handed crescent wrenches in Whitworth..

Back