• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tires

ajwest

Recently purchased a 2012 F800-GS. Tires currently mounted are Heidenau front and rear. Think it originally came with Metzlers.
I plan on more road riding this year. Should I go back to Metzlers or is another tire recommended? Or are the Heidenau's ok?
Tire date of Heidenau's is 25/22. Still in good shape. What do you like out there?
Andy

Welcome to the forum!
In my opinion, The Heidenau’s are great tires and wear like iron. I would run them until they are done. I have a K60 on the rear of my F800GS and was having a hard time finding a Heidenau for the recent tire change for the front tire change, so I went to the Metzler that was currently on the bike.
Shortly I will add a bit to your title and move this to the F-Twins section for you.
You will find my recent thread on the tire change there as well.
Good luck.
OM

Recently purchased a 2012 F800-GS. Tires currently mounted are Heidenau front and rear. Think it originally came with Metzlers.
I plan on more road riding this year. Should I go back to Metzlers or is another tire recommended? Or are the Heidenau's ok?
Tire date of Heidenau's is 25/22. Still in good shape. What do you like out there?
Andy

I'll bite - I'd say for mostly road and really, really light gravel, go with the Michelin Anakee 3's. I found them to be hard wearing, sticky in both wet and dry, and have a decent road feel.

Welcome to the forum - in case you haven't found it yet, there are a bunch of tech tips for you F800GS in the tech/diy library of the forum:
https://forums.bmwmoa.org/forums/f-twins-diy-tech-library.136/

Back