• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tire pressure monitor...

I have a tire pressure monitor that came on my 800S and I really like it. I have had 2 flats and it saved me from having to make a roadside repair or try to. The first time the air pressure started falling and I was able to turn around and ride a mile to a gas station that plugged it for me. The second time it let me know I had a slower leak and was able to ride 30 miles home to take the tire off and get a new one. I don't know anything about the aftermarket ones but I am sold on the BMW factory equipped one.

... I am sold on the BMW factory equipped one.
:thumb I have it on my F650GS and really like it. The only negative to it is that it won't read out until you start to ride. Can't use it to check the tire pressure in the garage before you start out. But a warning will light on the computer if tire pressure drops during a ride.

I have the stock one on my R1200RT and am seriously considering getting an aftermarket one for my R80RT.

Worth every penny. I agree that it is unfortunate that you need to start rolling in order to get a reading.

Back