• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

There's a word for Panjo Marketplace...

willhawks

That word would be MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure intentions were the best, but finding things is 5 times harder than before, 1100+ pages...REALLY???Separate Sign in procedures? Stuff that has been sold still posted months later? Let's take another look at the related issues; we can absolutely find a better solution than Panjo.

I'm sure intentions were the best, but finding things is 5 times harder than before, 1100+ pages...REALLY???Separate Sign in procedures? Stuff that has been sold still posted months later? Let's take another look at the related issues; we can absolutely find a better solution than Panjo.
Yep it's called buy and sell stuff elsewhere, the marketplace is a mess and Panjo was a solution for a problem that didn' need to be solved. We'd be better off just linking to craigslist.

I see tons of sites with a very simple and very effective forum based marketplace, a quick look at how Adventure Rider does it who have tens of thousands of members and it works well.

Yet we have this crap solution for our money. Smells to me.

The Panjo Admin wanders in/around the forum, hopefully he'll see you're issues. If not, they said they'd be open to feedback...just drop them an email at max@panjo.com. That would be my suggestion! :thumb

Panjo Sucks

I agree although:

Thou shalt not question the workings of the higher ups in the administration lest there be consequences.

Never a question asked of the members before hooking us up with this mess.

Panjo definitely had issues when first rolled out here, but I have to say it is working much better now. Note that's a relative measure. As someone who works in IT, I'd suggest you'll get more response and more focus on specific problems if you spell out exactly what isn't working. "Panjo Sucks" isn't useful feedback to a developer. "Panjo Sucks because X doesn't work, Y requires me to do this or that, and Z breaks when I do "A" and shows error message "B" is useful to a developer.

Best,

DG

Have to agree with GT. Just sold a battery charger through MOA/Panjo. It had been listed for 2 or 3 weeks. Money is on way to my account as I type. Have sold a number of other items. I typically look at what's been listed every couple of days, takes a few seconds. I suppose if I was looking for something specific it would take longer. Can't complain about the price to list items.

Seems to be working for me !!!

Have to agree with GT. Just sold a battery charger through MOA/Panjo. It had been listed for 2 or 3 weeks. Money is on way to my account as I type. Have sold a number of other items. I typically look at what's been listed every couple of days, takes a few seconds. I suppose if I was looking for something specific it would take longer. Can't complain about the price to list items.

I jump thru the offerings every couple days.

Search functions works depending on the key words used.

Compared to the other places I look for items (e-bay, adv rider, craigslist, IBMWR, cycle trader) I can't say I have any issues.

Wayne Koppa
#71,449
Grayling, MI

Last edited:
I am going to move this over to Clubhouse shortly. Good location for Club related topics.This topic has been dis- cussed there previously as well.
Not exactly a BMW or motorcycle topic in Motorrad.

Don't use the marketplace other than an occasional glance...no dog in the hunt.

I do not think it is that much harder to find things than before. Maybe some users do not realize they can apply a filter in the left panel, under "Category".
Selecting a specific category filters down to 1 to 3 pages for most of the categories. "Sport Touring" is currently 7 pages.

The count in the upper right corner is "items" not pages. Looks like 24 items per page (3 columns, 8 rows).

It does not require a separate login to only perform searches.

I absolutely agree with you that it can get frustrating to buy an item that is no longer available. Our support team is available and strives to respond within 24 hours to handle/facilitate transactions/disputes. We are also actively working on removing older listings and have implemented a new notification system to sellers with older listings to confirm the availability of their items. We receive report feedbacks each day from inactive listings and are actively removing them as well.

The Panjo Admin wanders in/around the forum, hopefully he'll see you're issues. If not, they said they'd be open to feedback...just drop them an email at max@panjo.com. That would be my suggestion! :thumb

Following-up on this, unfortunately, Max is no longer with the team. You can feel free to contact us at support@panjo.com or our support line and we'll get back to you within 24 hours.

Panjo definitely had issues when first rolled out here, but I have to say it is working much better now. Note that's a relative measure. As someone who works in IT, I'd suggest you'll get more response and more focus on specific problems if you spell out exactly what isn't working. "Panjo Sucks" isn't useful feedback to a developer. "Panjo Sucks because X doesn't work, Y requires me to do this or that, and Z breaks when I do "A" and shows error message "B" is useful to a developer.

Best,

DG

Really glad to hear we were able to improve your experience with Panjo! It's definitely still a work in progress and our team is all ears as we continue to move forward. Feel free to reach out to us at support@panjo.com if you have any questions, unaddressed concerns, or suggestions for how we can improve your marketplace experience at BMW MOA.

I much prefer the flea market sites on ADV Rider and any other
motorcycle website I frequent to Panjo. I prefer them so much more that I don't bother to look at Panjo very often. Infrequently.
Seldom. Hardly at all. Once every blue moon. The Twelfth of Never.

As I have said in another post. I wish Panjo did not show under new post. I only want to see adds when I am looking for something. Another forum I go to uses this same software and Panjo doesn't come up in the normal forum only when you got the adds.

Don

Separate Panjo account needed?

Posted this in the New Panjo Marketplace Feedback Thread, but it looks like that thread hasn't been posted to since June by anybody except once by Panjo. So reposting here.

I tried to send a message to a seller, but Panjo asked for me to sign in. I was already signed in to BMWMOA and when I tried to sign in to Panjo using my BMWMOA information, it didn't take. Do you have to have a separate account with Panjo? I'm getting tired of putting my information all over the web. I just wanted to ask a question of a seller and I'm already signed into BMWMOA. Thought I could do this a long time ago, but maybe that was pre-Panjo.

Posted this in the New Panjo Marketplace Feedback Thread, but it looks like that thread hasn't been posted to since June by anybody except once by Panjo. So reposting here.

I tried to send a message to a seller, but Panjo asked for me to sign in. I was already signed in to BMWMOA and when I tried to sign in to Panjo using my BMWMOA information, it didn't take. Do you have to have a separate account with Panjo? I'm getting tired of putting my information all over the web. I just wanted to ask a question of a seller and I'm already signed into BMWMOA. Thought I could do this a long time ago, but maybe that was pre-Panjo.

I want to preface my statement with: I have no dog in this fight. I am only offering an opinion......

I really hate to say this but I don't think anyone is listening/willing to make the effort to fix this.

With the number of complaints about Panjo that I've read here, it seems OBVIOUS that the membership who uses the service is unhappy. I never read about complaints about the buy and sell section previously. That silence spoke volumes.

You do need to sign in separately to Panjo and the credentials could be different than what you use for bmwmoa.org or the forum. This became a requirement when Panjo moved off the vBulletin forum platform. I appreciate not waning another login and password. The workaround is to contact the seller through the forum thread. If the seller included a listing in the forum, the link will be in the listing. You will not need a separate login for that. The other option is to PM me or email ted@bmwmoa.org with the item or username of the seller and I will look up the seller's contact information for you so that you can correspond directly.

Ted Moyer
BMW MOA

I really hate to say this but I don't think anyone is listening/willing to make the effort to fix this.

I'm listening and making the effort to turn it around. I need a little bit longer to make it happen. Give us through the holidays and I will have more for you.

Ted

The other option is to PM me or email ted@bmwmoa.org with the item or username of the seller and I will look up the seller's contact information for you so that you can correspond directly.

Ted Moyer
BMW MOA

Ted, that is a wonderful offer, and I hope that thousands take advantage...........NOOOOO....JUST JOKING.....but golly, the small number of folks that will see your very kind offer is meaningless. Is it really to late to go back??????..........how do other outfits smaller than ours have online sales as part of their website???....IBMWRR for one, you know many more than I....I guess I am just one of those old foot draggers that still live in 1973............

It just bothers me BUD....I say that in the very special southern gentleman way, in the friendliest manner possible. WHY CAN'T WE have OUR OWN?????..........It's just like now, on the "Forum" we no longer have a "search" function. One has to go through all these steps and then hold your tongue just right to get it right. Are things so complicated that we can't just have the "simple"???????.........Yes, I know you have nothing to do with the Forum, I just give that as an example.......WHAT IS/WAS so wrong with the simple???.............Anyway, THANKS FOR WHAT YOU DO......God bless.......Dennis

Back