• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The Ten Worst Handling Motorcycles........

My first bike was a BMW, it handled... Handles great.

My first exposure to BMWs at speed was my friend's dad passing us on a 71 /5 SWB as we drove my VW beetle on the expressway.

He took his hand off the bar to wave as he went by and that thing went into a speed wobble that was not to be believed. Fortunately he was an experienced rider and successfully backed out of it.

I believe the LWB models came out not long afterwards.... :ha

Cb 450 - cl350

My best friend had a green CB450 (73 I think?), and rode it hard for years. Took him about 6 weeks to grind off the center stand. I could get the line for corners at night by following his sparks as I chased him (unsuccessfully), with my 73 CL 350. The CL 350 was fairly quick in a straight line but way too top heavy for serious curves. Finally sold it after losing it to a high speed wobble on the freeway.... and yep, that left a mark.

:hungover

Back