• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The 11th Annuall ADVRider Eastern Rendezvous May 16-20th

r1100rick

11th Annual ADVRider EASTERN RENDEZVOUS MAY 16TH -20TH 2012

AN ORIGINAL PARTY BOSS™ PRODUCTION !!!!

The 11th Annual ADVRider Eastern Rendezvous May 16th-20 2012

In and Paid List Linky http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=755361

OUR BEAUTIFUL LOCATION IS RIGHT OFF THE BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY AT MILE POST 248.

Our hosts will be Freebornes Eatery and Lodge (Rooms and Cottages) and The Stations Inn (ROOMS AND COTTAGES) and
Wild Woody's Campground (Wooded Campsites and Camper Trailers which have beds only in them) .

www.freebornes.com
www.stationsinn.com

Wild Woodys Campground & Store, Laurel Springs NC 28644

Get discount coupons for Wild Woodys Campground & Store and other Laurel Springs , NC local merchants. campground, camping trailers for rent, antiques.
www.merchantcircle.com/business/Wild.Woodys.Campground.And.Stor...

TENT CAMPING is available at both Wild Woody's and Freeborne's . Wild Woody's also has some old camper trailers for rent . Woody's has treed sites ,Freeborne's has nicer bathrooms/showers. I'm trying to work a deal where unlike last year, campers can use either shower facility. until then You are supposed to use the facilities where you are camped.

THERE IS AMPLE PARKING FOR TRAILERS AT ALL THREE FACILITIES

Freeborne's will be open for breakfast everyday , The Station Inn will serve Breakfast Biscuits Fri ,Sat , and Sun . Free Coffee and Donuts will be availble at THE PARTY BOSStm Trailer and Beer Garden, each morning.

There is a country store which sells beer located on the left side of the Freeborne's building .

The dinners will be fri and sat nights. Malt beverages to be served both nights. Menus to be posted later .

Thursday I'm going to set up a checkin/meet and greet 5-7pm. I will serve Beans and Franks (think blazing saddles). Maybe I'll crack a keg so you can rehydrate after your ride in .

Just a heads up for all attendees, only two cell phones work at the event site, Verizon and Alltell. Which is sweet since I have a Verizon phone and air card, so my lap top will work

The sale of the T shirts, will as usual fund the food and beverages and maybe some live music. I will provide One of a Kind designs on the shirt ,mugs and stickers. Mugs and stickers are also included in the shirt price. Cost of the Tshirts will be $55, $57 if paying by paypal

You are responsible to make and pay for your own accomadations for rooms or camping.

Send payments to RHKiehna pobox 41247 Fredericksburg Va 22404. Paypal payments will be accepted at RHKiehna@aol.com

This year I'm going to recommend everybody to pay by check . I will take payments via paypal but there will be an additional fee due to the fees paypal charges . If you pay by paypal, the cost will be $57 .

Send payments to RHKiehna pobox 41247 Fredericksburg Va 22404. Paypal payments will be accepted at RHKiehna@aol.com

Be sure to include your shirt size and ADVRider user name when ordering.

to make payment by paypal send $57 to paypal account rhkiehna@aol.com,
Be sure to include your shirt size and ADVRider user name when ordering.

All payments need to be RECEIVED BY APRIL 15TH, just like your taxes.

*NEW Anyone who brings gifts, To THE ORIGINAL PARTY BOSStm, of Good Cigars, Good Tequila, Or Good Bourbon will be given Preferential Treatment , 2 extra stickers , and my sincerest appreciation and an invitation to my NEW Friday night shot glass invitational.

I will be checking in attendees at my Trailer/Beer Garden behind Freebornes after 5:00 pm on Thurs, Friday. Wristbands will be given out with the tshirts ect. You will need to keep them on to be served the food and beverages on thurs, friday and saturday nights

The List of attendees will be posted when your payment has been received.Please check and make sure the # of shirts ordered and size of your shirt/s is correct.If it's wrong and you don't tell me, DO NOT COMPLAIN I can't walk on water and do make mistakes

WRIST BANDS WILL BE ISSUED WHEN YOU CHECK IN. THIS WRISTBAND WILL ENTITLE YOU TO ALL THE FOOD AND BEVERAGES THAT I ARRANGE FOR . DOOR PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED AT THE SAT NIGHT DINNER.

NO REFUNDS AFTER APRIL 15TH. IF YOU CAN SELL YOUR SHIRT TO ANOTHER INMATE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN REASSIGN IT TO THE PURCHASER
IF YOU HAVE PAID PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON THE LIST AND YOUR SHIRT SIZE IS CORRECT

Sponsors for this years event:Twisted Throttle TwistedThrottle.com , Morton's BMW www.mortonsbmw.com , KTM North America and Max BMW www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com .

Please let any of our sponsors that you talk to know, that you appreciate their support of this event!

If you know of any others who might provide door prizes let me know.
Please thank all the sponsors and let them know you appreciate them sponsoring this fine event!

Notice From THE PARTY BOSStm
In an effort to take care of all you ff's I will have the following

basic tools and tire pluggers, pump,and battry charger.

I also will bring basic first aid, including knee , wrist braces ,crutches, ace bandages ect.

I also will bring outlet strips to help charge lots of devices at one time .

Please feel free to look me up if you need any of these things .

Disclaimers :

We as organizer, provide only information regarding this event. However you join all events totally voluntary and at your own risk. We are absolutely not responsible for things that happen to you, or your gear. Neither at the event nor at the arrival and departure. In case of an accident, damage or loss you and the involved persons are fully responsible to each other. You accept this by registration for the rally!

Anyone attending a Ride or Event organized through the ADVRIDER.COM Forums does so at their own risk.
ADVRIDER.com or anyone organizing an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.
Persons/members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE

Lots of planned rides

Rick has added more guided rides to the event. I will be doing on of the historical sites close to the rally site. There is a lot of Revolutionary War and Civil War history in this area.

The majority

Are you allowing riders who just want to show up and look around for a day ??

That would be what a majority of folks do. This is my first year being a part of any organized ride and I am leading it. I saw a lack of rides for people who were riding two up like me and decided to put together a ride.

There is always something going on at the campground. Last year we were treated to a clinic on a BMWPD which decided to quit on the owner. Many beers and many helping hands made it all good and the rider was able to ride home to wicked yankee land.

There is no shortage of great riding that you can do on your own; you can see the Blue ridge Parkway from the campground.

Thanks, I'll try ad get a few guys together and ride up for the day.

I live about an hour from the rally point .

The final drive in my 85, R80 developed a noise on the way to Daytona. By the time we got back to NC. it was a problem.
Turns out it was a bearing in the transmission.

Took a few days to organize all the parts and get new bearings, today we got the trans back together and in the bike. Hope to finish the job on Monday , then need some test rides before I can commit to a trip even as short as this one.

So, I am still a maybe for the rally, and i may have an airhead for sale shortly.

Doug

See you there

The final drive in my 85, R80 developed a noise on the way to Daytona. By the time we got back to NC. it was a problem.
Turns out it was a bearing in the transmission.

Took a few days to organize all the parts and get new bearings, today we got the trans back together and in the bike. Hope to finish the job on Monday , then need some test rides before I can commit to a trip even as short as this one.

So, I am still a maybe for the rally, and i may have an airhead for sale shortly.

Doug

Doug,

I will see you there.

I will be on my black 1985 R80, with a Parabellum windscreen, and two small dents in the fuel tank .:wow

Back