• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thanks to BMWUSA and BMWVC

beemerdood

Just a quick note to thank BMW of Ventura County (BMWVC) and BMW USA. The rear shock on my used 2011 R1200RT sprang a leak at 4,700 miles. I'd only put 1,400 miles on it after I purchased it from BMWVC just a few months ago.

BMW would have been completely within their rights to tell me to pound sand. I wasn't the original owner and even if I was, the bike had been out of warranty for a year.

Instead BMWVC wrote them a letter, asking for "Goodwill consideration" of my plight. The next day I heard back from the dealer. BMW USA is giving me a new ESA rear shock. BMWVC is covering the shipping and handling, and I’m paying for an hour of shop time for them to install and calibrate the shock.

I was at the "exploring other options" phase, but they came through for me.

Thanks again to BMWVC and BMWUSA.

Customer attitude and relationship with dealer carry lots of weight with BMW. Be sure to say thanks to your dealer as they carried the ball on this issue.

I've heard this from a couple of sources Chasman. I've been going to all their functions, had some minor repairs done there that needed special tools, and plan on having them do the major services. It seems to have paid off for me. I wasn't expecting anywhere this level of support in their response. Very happy with both BMW USA and the dealership.

Have to have some pizza delivered out there next time I head that way.

Back