• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Thanks Pandora's!

mike shotwell

MotoMariner
On a recent business trip on my 2015 K16GT from Crystal River, Florida to St. Louis, Michigan I picked up a dry wall screw in a new (2,000 mi.) rear tire in N. Ga. I plugged the tire and continued to my sisters in Trussville, Al. for an overnight stay. Checking the tire the next morning (Friday July 29) showed that the pressure had dropped. I filled to the correct psi and confirmed that it was leaking slowly. I called the local dealer but they didn't have a replacement and if they did they couldn't help until mid week. I decided to head north due to time constraints. Checking for the next nearest dealer I found Pandora's in Chattanooga, Tn. Out of the way but on the way. Heading north on Hwy 11 I limped along. Deciding to make better time I jumped onto I-59. After about 20 minutes at 75mph it felt like I'd run over a lane marker, then the rear started feeling squirrely. I figured that the plug had let go. Minutes later I started smelling hot rubber and soon after a roar began from the rear. I was about 3 miles from the Ft. Payne exit when I pulled over to the shoulder without incident. It was 10:30am. Checking the tire there was no repair possible:violin. I called BMW Roadside Assistance:banghead. After speaking with several advisors for several hours with them telling me that help was coming they politely told me that I was on my own:scratch. Being in a remote area no help was available. I called Pandora's, 80 miles away to see if they could help. Speaking to the service department confirmed that they had the tire in stock but unfortunately didn't have an available person to rescue me from the interstate. After exhausting my options I called back offering to pay for someone to assist me. Service Mgr. Jason said he'd call me back. He did and I was informed that Justin Prann, the owner, was loading up and heading south in the company van:thumb. WOW! After several hours beside I-59 the Pandora's van arrived (2:30). Justin deployed the ramp and we loaded the bike for the ride to Chattanooga. Heading north on I-59 we chatted and got acquainted. When we got to the I-24 exit traffic was at a standstill. A truck/bus accident had traffic snarled for miles. Finally arriving at Pandora's around 7pm Justin told me to take the van and get a motel room for the night. The following morning I arrived an hour before opening. The parking lot was filling with other customers but they unloaded my bike, installed a new set of tires and had me road ready within an hour. I tipped the tech, then went to pay for the tires AND interstate rescue but my bill was only for the tires. I found Justin, tried to pay for his extraordinary service but he would not accept payment. After thanking him and his exceptional crew, I headed on to Michigan. The remainder of the 2,000 mi. trip was uneventful. Returning home I checked the last tire receipts for this bike and found that Justin was a few dollars less than my local dealer. I know where my next bike purchase will be...Thanks Guys! Mike 177059

Very nice of you to post this!
Am sure, as good people, this post means more for them
than the extra $ they could have yanked out of your wallet!

Pandora kudos

That's consistent with my experiences with Pandora's and Justin. I've bought 2 bikes from them and had service work done, riding 3 hrs to get to them.
JB

I've got some friends in Chattanooga. Your story confirms what they say about the staff and the whole operation. They're very supportive of the motorcycling community.

That is how they treat everybody. When I moved to N GA I heard how dealers in ATL where weeks and months out in service appointments. The independent in Ellijay did not answer his phone and gave excuses on email. Called Pandora's and they told me which day was I coming in and if I would wait. From then on they have had my business.

Back