• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Sorting the wiring to the ignition key.

Dave J

Good afternoon, all:

I'm a new member, a long time rider [VFR750F and a GS550 cafe bike are currently my other bikes] and I've found myself a 1984 R100RS as a retirement present. It came with a non-functioning ignition switch, and I need some help sorting the tabs to my new switch to the wires. Here are the pictures - I'd appreciate any help you could give.

I'm currently dividing my time between the Penticton area in BC's South Okanagan and the Edmonton area where we still have our "real" home - I'd appreciate hearing from anybody in the Penticton/Kelowna area, as the Beemer is here, and this is where I'll be doing most of my riding.

Thanks for the help,
Dave Jorgensen
in Naramata

Attachments

• ignition1.jpg
    ignition1.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 80
second ignition picture

...and here's the ignition wiring that's waiting for the switch.

Thanks,
Dave

Attachments

• ignition2.jpg
    ignition2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 80
Haynes and the BMW CD diagrams sort of agree:

- 30 -- red wire
- 58 -- gray wire
- 15 -- green wire
- 56 -- green/white wire (CD says another green wire)

Back