• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Slow skills/dry clutch

chord97

I have to say that you people are gracious, friendly and make the BMR experience all that much more enjoyable. Thanks to one and all

+1

Great thread; I have practiced quite a bit in the friction zone. I have never smelled clutch overheating, but at the time of last servicing the rear rotor had been worn nearly to replacement necessary thickness. R1150R @ 30K miles.

Attenuation of my 'light pressure on rear brake' technique has now been implemented!
:)

GSA..Tall First gear..

+1

Great thread; I have practiced quite a bit in the friction zone. I have never smelled clutch overheating, but at the time of last servicing the rear rotor had been worn nearly to replacement necessary thickness. R1150R @ 30K miles.

Attenuation of my 'light pressure on rear brake' technique has now been implemented!
:)

Add a little..I am new to my BMW and love to ride it off pavement...this requires a lot of slow speed balanced riding...unfortunately it does involve "feathering" the clutch at really slow speeds on irregular surfaces or tight "u-turns" because the first gear at idle is often way too fast for conditions...having said that the GSA is an awsome bike to ride under any conditions...too much slipping the clutch in my case is ultimately my insecurity and lacking confidence in my developing riding skills, not the gearing...hey, by the second clutch I should have this down!:brow

Back