• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Sirius aerial fault codes on 2016 R1200RT?

JBBLI

2016 R1200RT with 12,000+ mi

Playing with GS-911 today I was surprised to discover two fault codes:

B7F818 Sirius aerial, open circuit (The fault is not present now)
B7F819 Sirius aerial, short circuit (The fault is not present now)

While riding a couple of days ago (in the forested Pacific NorthWest USA...trees, etc) I had my Sirius drop once or twice with the "Linking" message but I assumed this was due to signal blockage from trees or bad bike angle with higher latitudes
Anyone seen this before? Other than checking the connectors for snugness on the box under the seat (?) is there any way to inspect this?
Or is best course of action to clear the codes, ride the bike and listen to Sirius for a bit, note any "drops", and check for new codes? ...and then to dealer??

I've probably answered my own question but just in case this is something someone else has seen/dealt with..

I think I saw something similar the one time I disconnected the satellite antenna (located under the top front plastic cover below the windscreen). Short of that I don't think the linking issue was related to code ... I see that message all the time and it doesn't correspond to a code being thrown.

Back