• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Shameless Trolling - For Touring Tips

The storage box for my baseball cards has room for most of my cards, and, on a nearby shelf, I keep the extra 16 cards that do not fit. If I expand the length of the box by 30%, I'll have room for all my cards, plus enough room to store another 20 cards in the future.

How many cards do I currently own?

Paul

Answer = 136

tipofhat3.gif
to
Bobs98 a Chromehead and BIG Gigger. Good solution

ANSWER: 136 cards. The information suggests that an expansion of 30% will allow 36 more cards to fit, so 36 must be 30% of the number of cards that currently fit. Since 36 is 30% of 120 (36 / 0.30 = 120), I currently have space in my box for 120 cards. Since I also keep 16 cards outside the box, there are 120 + 16 = 136 cards in all in my current collection.

Last edited:
Spring Break

SPRING BREAK​

Today is the first day of spring. Each clue leads to a phrase or title containing SPRING.

1. What an older person no longer is
  2. Base for a mattress
  3. Fried appetizer at a Chinese restaurant
  4. Adage about turning clocks for DST
  5. Rachael Carson book about the environment
  6. Hunting dog with a wavy coat and floppy ears
  7. 2007 Tony Award winner for best musical
  8. Adage about optimism despite the circumstances
  9. Little Frog with big voice
  10. Southern Hemisphere Athlete
The purpose of all this is to have some fun and to remind forum readers to send in a Touring Tip. But submission of a Touring Tip is not required for a guess. If you do submit a tip in a PM, here on the forum or via email, in order to complete submission of your Touring Tip:

Please send
First Name - Family Name & MOA Number
City and State
Thank You
Paul

Last edited:
Spring Has Sprung!

1. What an older person no longer is
  2. Base for a mattress
  3. Fried appetizer at a Chinese restaurant
  4. Adage about turning clocks for DST
  5. Rachael Carson book about the environment
  6. Hunting dog with a wavy coat and floppy ears
  7. 2007 Tony Award winner for best musical
  8. Adage about optimism despite the circumstances
  9. Little Frog with big voice
  10. Southern Hemisphere Athlete

1. Spring chicken
  2. Box spring
  3. Spring roll
  4. Spring forward and fall back
  5. Silent Spring
  6. Springer Spaniel
  7. Spring Awakening
  8. Hope springs eternal
  9. Spring peeper
  10. Sasha Springer-Jones
Obligatory Touring Tip: :idea
To help reduce glare from the headlights of vehicles following you at night, stretch a piece of sheer material (e.g., nylon stockings or small sections of pantyhose) over your rear view mirrors. Voil?á! Instant day-night mirrors.

(Just don't tell my wife what happened to her pantyhose!) :nono :heh

-MTS (#58066)

tipofhat3.gif
to
Mike Sweger the gent from Albemarle County who score 90% - close enough for jazz and government work.

Sasha Springer-Jones is from Trinidad-Tobago which is not quite in the Southern Hemisphere. The answer which better fits is a Springbok. The Springboks are the South Africa national rugby union team, known as the Springboks.

Well done Mike!

Sasha Springer-Jones is from Trinidad-Tobago which is not quite in the Southern Hemisphere. The answer which better fits is a Springbok. The Springboks are the South Africa national rugby union team, known as the Springboks.[/QUOTE]

That was a tough one, Paul! Definitely challenged [I]this[/I] non-sports fan. Usually better at geography than sports trivia, so I [I]should[/I] have known that T&T is [u]north[/u] of the equator. :doh

Enjoy your daily brain teasers. Thanks! :thumb

-MTS

Bonus Question

This question is easy but the answer must be precise. Most likely the answer though to be correct will not be everyone's cup of tea.

In what annual sports competition is the winning trophy called the Claret Jug?

Remember - the correct answer shall not contain extraneous information.

Saturday Morning Hint:

Liniks-jug.jpg

One of the easiest so far - only a two word answer. Where is that Brit who used to praddle in Seattle?

Remember - the correct answer shall not contain extraneous information.

British Open........Golf

Tip of Hat
tipofhat3.gif

to Mikeb921
Very, very close. You get the Tip of the Hat.

The answer: The Open
The Brits are very particular. Their Open came first and it is The Open not the British Open. I remember being told,

Lad, there is the Open and the US Open. And on the calendar of golf events The Open is played before the US Open.

Trivial Pursuit Indeed. ;)

And for today - March 21 - PALINDROME PALS

PALINDROME PALS​

A palindrome is a word, sentence, or group of words that reads the same backward or forward. What palindromes are suggested by the following clues?

A floor cover featuring a picture of a spiritual adviser.
G _ _ _ . _ _ _

A record of a dimpled-ball sport

G _ _ _ . _ _ _

Last edited:
A record of a dimpled-ball sport
G _ _ _ . _ _ _
GOLF.LOG

I'm only good for the second one. The first one has me stumped and I've been working on it all morning

tipofhat3.gif

Tip of Hat for Squiffynimrod.

Squiffy, if you were bald, what would you wear? ( <- Hint ) Donald Trump would have answered this one easily.

Last edited:
A palindrome is a word, sentence, or group of words that reads the same backward or forward. What palindrome is suggested by the following clue?

A floor cover featuring a picture of a spiritual adviser.

One last clue and the caravan moves on ...

Think of an ascetic on a Bigelow.

Raise the Trophy MOA Member Squiffynimrod
trophysmilie.gif

No matter how you got it. I try to GOOGLE proof these so your were a most clever sleuth. What determination.

Special smiley for the man from Canada -
Bagpipe.gif

Sorry - no sound effects.

Last edited:
Bonus for Sunday evening. :lurk

Which U.S. state and its capital city do not share any of the same letters?

For example: Cannot be Albany, New York since both share an "n" and a "y"

The purpose of all this is to remind forum readers to send in a Touring Tip and to have a bit of fun. But submission of a Touring Tip is not required for a guess. If you do submit a tip in a PM, here on the forum or via email, in order to complete submission of your Touring Tip:

Please send
First Name - Family Name & MOA Number
City and State
Thank You
Paul

Back