• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Shameless Trolling - For Touring Tips

No more mister niceguy

Jamie secretly assigns values to each of the letters in the word TAPER and then provides Cindy with the sums of the letters in these shorter words:
TRAP 50 PEAT 38 RATE 33 PERT 48 REAP 43​
Jamie challenges Cindy to determine the sum of the letters in TAPER, and she does it quite quickly. Can you? :scratch :whistle

Jamie secretly assigns values to each of the letters in the word TAPER and then provides Cindy with the sums of the letters in these shorter words:
TRAP 50 PEAT 38 RATE 33 PERT 48 REAP 43​
Jamie challenges Cindy to determine the sum of the letters in TAPER, and she does it quite quickly. Can you? :scratch :whistle

T 10
A 5
P 20
E 3
R 15

Raise the Trophy Rmarkr
trophysmilie.gif

The Easy way:
So she divided 212 by four to get the answer: 212/4 = 53.
You donÔÇÖt need to work out the individual values, but for the record, they are:
T=10
A=5
P=20
E=3
R=15
Just like Rmarkr said: :thumb

Whoop it up! Raise the Trophy SIBUD
smiley-sailing.gif

trophysmilie.gif

It’s five feet long. The bird’s buglelike call of ker-loo, ker-lee-loo can be heard from miles away.

Will be back with a bonus trivia question.

Last edited:
This will drive you crackers.

ANIMAL CRACKERS​
metrogolden.jpg

Each "beastly" movie title below is abbreviated by showing only the firs t two letters of each word. The underlined words are animals. Only true movie buffs will be able to identify all of the titles.

1. TH LI KI
2. MA OF TH PE
3. GR DA
4. THE SQ AN TH WH
5. TH TR AB CA & DO
6. TH SH HO, DO TH?

Last edited:
tipofhat3.gif

To Alaskaman

The Lion King
March of the Penguins
The Truth About Cats and Dogs
They Shoot Horses, Don't They?

Now what are the two remaining?

3. GR DA
4. THE SQ AN TH WH

OK back to a tip

For years I have carried one of the best firewood gathering devices around.

Most camp areas have pine trees and the lower branches are almost always dead and very dry, due to the protection from the canopy above it. The only problem is that these branches are 15'-20' or more high.

My trick was to take a golf ball and screw a small eye hook into it, then attach 40' or 50' of high strength poly cord to the eye.

You then take the golf ball and toss it over a branch, and work it over the branch until you have both ends of the cord. Next start tugging, using the natural rebound of the branch to set up an oscillation of the branch, then with a mighty tug, snap it off! Just pay attention and be ready to vacate the landing zone if need be..

Of course check local rules and regulations to make sure you are not violating them.

Quick, dry, and convenient fire wood is always just a stones throw, scratch that.................. just a golf ball throw away.

Richard Stearns
Batavia, NY

Last edited:
After learning firsthand how hard it is to lift my k1100lt solo after a parked tip over on grass, (couldn't find good place to grab) I put a cam buckle tie down in the tail cowling so if it happens again, I have a chance of getting it upright on my own. I will fasten it to the engine protection bar and to mounts near the rear footpeg.

So far this thread is working just fine and have been receiving some great Touring Tips which builds Owners News. :dance

With each Touring Tip please don't forget to include

First Name - Family Name & MOA Number
City and State
Thank You
:thumb
Paul

OK back to a tip

For years I have carried one of the best firewood gathering devices around.

Most camp areas have pine trees and the lower branches are almost always dead and very dry, due to the protection from the canopy above it. The only problem is that these branches are 15'-20' or more high.

My trick was to take a golf ball and screw a small eye hook into it, then attach 40' or 50' of high strength poly cord to the eye.

You then take the golf ball and toss it over a branch, and work it over the branch until you have both ends of the cord. Next start tugging, using the natural rebound of the branch to set up an oscillation of the branch, then with a mighty tug, snap it off! Just pay attention and be ready to vacate the landing zone if need be..

Of course check local rules and regulations to make sure you are not violating them.

Quick, dry, and convenient fire wood is always just a stones throw, scratch that.................. just a golf ball throw away.

That may explain what happens when you buy a sleeve of golf balls.
  • One is a camper (in the woods)
  • One is a swimmer (in the water)
  • One is a player.

Somehow you have managed to filter out the camper. How do you do that? :laugh
Great Touring Tip

Feeling Insecure

FEELING INSECURE​
What do these two groups of words and word fragments have in common?
LANDED . . . . STROKE
BADE . . . . . . MALAR
STEP . . . . . . BUCE
GENSPIEL . . . JOC​

Pretty difficult as is, so here is a clue - They are like boxers running on one cylinder.

FEELING INSECURE​
What do these two groups of words and word fragments have in common?
LANDED . . . . STROKE
BADE . . . . . . MALAR
STEP . . . . . . BUCE
GENSPIEL . . . JOC​

Pretty difficult as is, so here is a clue - They are like boxers running on one cylinder.

A Boxer running one one cylinder is missing something:

Answer: TheyÔÇÖre all missing either LOCK or KEY

landlocked . . . keystroke,
blockade . . . malarkey
lockstep . . .glockenspiel
buckeye . . . jockey)

In High Definition

IN HIGH DEFINITION

Each clue below gives three different definitions for a word. What is the one word that the three definitions identify?

1. Knock down to the mat, pack of cards, house add-on
  2. wine, where to make a connection, left out on the ocean
  3. vegetable, court game, put down
  4. chart, type of manners, what Mensa means in English from the Latin
  5. door fastener, roll of fabric, flee

Artistic License

ARTISTIC LICENSE
van_gogh_bandaged.jpg

Take the last name of a famous artist who cut off part of his ear. Cross out the word for a mover’s truck. At the end of the remaining letters, write the word for a cheer at a bullfight. Cross out the symbol for the first element in the Periodic Table. The name of a certain board game now appears twice in a row. Transpose the letters in the second appearance of that game. Now read all the letters. The result is in line with what we said above.

Oh, and like my math teacher used to say … show all work.

GOOGLE VanGogh

ANSWER: Google.
Van Gogh ÔÇô van + ole ÔÇô H (hydrogen) = Gogole;
Transpose the letters in the second go to og. The result = Google

Back