• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

RT Suspension setting preference

ramble

ohbeemer
When solo and with medium loads in the saddlebags what gives you the most comfortable ride? Auto, Min or Max? Do you use ROAD or DYNA for damping mode?

I found "ROAD" to be too bouncy, therefore I keep mine on Dynamic for the most part. That's the only adjustment I have on my 2022. Preload is automatically set based on load.

I ride most of the time in “road “ and use “dynamic “ mainly for the twisty’s. Pennsylvania roads are a little too rough for dynamic all the time. Seems the RT could use a little more suspension adjustment for general riding.

Dang.... No love for the Pennsylvania roads......I get it....I'm living the dream too here in Central Pa.

Every year the Trucker's Association, or somesuch group ranks the nation's worst roads by state. For many years it was almost always a neck and neck race between Pennsylvania and Missouri for the honors. I have no idea which state is getting the dishonor now, but ...

Every year the Trucker's Association, or somesuch group ranks the nation's worst roads by state. For many years it was almost always a neck and neck race between Pennsylvania and Missouri for the honors. I have no idea which state is getting the dishonor now, but ...
Pennsylvania has gotten better in the last ten years as fracking money has flowed in. What drives me nuts is the "oil and chips" method they use to refinish secondary roads. That stuff is treacherous on motorcycles until it gets packed down which can take weeks on roads with light traffic. And even at its best it's never as good as asphalt or concrete.

"Tar snakes" are fun too, particular when it's hot or the road is wet.

I run AUTO, always, never mess with min or max settings. I vary between Dynamic and Road, depending upon road conditions, pillion (wife), etc. Obviously run Dynamic in the canyons, may switch to Road on interstates.

Back