• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

RT or LT

It's fine for me

I am 6'4" tall with a 36" inseam. The RT is a bit cramped for my long legs and I am now considering an R1200GS. This is only a factor on very long road trips.

Harry

Harry (and everyone):
Thanks. My F650GS Dakar now has a stable mate in a 2001 R1100RT. I found it in Kansas City with only 22,000 on it.

Brought it to the dealer to look over and give it the initial fluids changes, new SS braided brake lines, alternator belt, etc. Afterwards, I'll do the fluids, filters, etc. Even had the head mechanic road test it and he said "real nice bike" so I feel good about the purchase. Here's a picture. I've ridden it about 600 miles and really do like the way it handles. I don't have any complaints about the seating position or fairing but the shift and brake levers are challenging if you have size 12.5 feet. With boots it's hard to get in there!

Next farkle is too replace headlight with brighter bulb, add a light bar or LEDs (if I can find a place to mount them), and finally replace the stock shock and windscreen. I am not in love with the color so may take off all the plastic this winter and get it 'livened up'. Anybody ever re-paint their bike?

Attachments

• 20140827_193356_zpsbergocni.jpg
    20140827_193356_zpsbergocni.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 37
Back