• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Route 78 north of San Diego, California

MOONDOG59

For those who live here what a great road. I am out for a job interview (which I probably won't get) and I took the rental car from Poway to Julian. What a great road! Wish I had my bike....:cry.

I don't know how the traffic is but it was getting heavy in the afternoon. Stopped in Wynola at the Wynola Pizza for a Hawaiian with shrooms and onions and then tooks some pictures in Julian. Nice little town.

It's a great ride, 78 to 79 south to S1 down to 8 east to old Imperial highway back up to 78. Weekdays a awesome ride

I am an executive recruiter, and in my business I tell candidates even if they felt the interview did not go well they need to keep positive thoughts and to come up with a recovery plan. You should prepare a follow up email to the interviewer expressing your continued interest in the job and resummarize your experiences and skills that align with what they are looking for. And you have to close by asking for the job. Oh and to stay on thread here, yes it is a great ride in that area but you should have seen it 20 years ago. Back in those days even highway 76 up in orange county was a blast, the old Ortega Highway. I now hear the road is so bad they close it down. And if you would like some coaching on job searches PM me.

I was (until retiring recently) one of those who does the hiring. Enthusiasm and asking for the job go a long way.
When doing a followup or exit it is also good form to tell folks if you are not interested in a job- saves their time and they will appreciate that, too, if done well. Though figuring out you're not interested before you go is even better....
In what I did for a living, I crossed paths with many of the same folks for most of it. Every impression you leave counts. As one of my profs said, be good to everyone- you never know who will be your next boss....

Back