• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

RIP Barley

Barley and Pete have been on the G0-Fer crew which Julie and I have Co-Chaired at the National rally and they have volunteered at numerous National rallies on other committees. Barley was a special MOA member and Pete is a guy I'm proud to call my friend! If you've ever been fortunate to meet them you know what I mean. Barley fought the cancer battle as best he could. We will miss him, we will remember him. Our thoughts are with you Pete.

Chuck and Julie

Sad news. I never had the pleasure of shaking his paw, but I've enjoyed his "Coming Home" pic as part of my wallpaper rotation for the past couple years.

2b832ca2.jpg

Pete,

You took the very best care of Barley, and provided him with a wonderful life. That's all a dog could ever ask for.

Harry

Thank you for sharing your travels with Barley. I can not tell you how many times catching a glimpse of a picture of your yellow rig and faithful travel companion brought a smile on some tough days. I wish I could return the favor now.

Sad news, always enjoyed seeing his happy riding mug...made me smile regardless of mood.

RIP Barley:dog

Pete,

You took the very best care of Barley, and provided him with a wonderful life. That's all a dog could ever ask for.

Harry

and it would appear he returned the same in a way only a dog can

R.I.P. Barley........you will be missed.

Barley

I remember first meeting Barley at an MOA rally, I think in Salem. What a happy dog, well loved and well traveled.

My condolences, Pete.. I always enjoyed reading about you and Barley.

Last edited:

Thank you all so much. Of the many golden retrievers we have had in our lives, Barley was by far the most remarkable. I always thought of him as my dog, but it has become clear since his passing that he was loved by many. His final act - despite being so ill - was to lick the tears from my cheek. Love that deep is more than a little humbling.

Again, thank you for the kindnesses here and at the rallies we were fortunate enough to attend.

Pete

Copied my reply on TWB blog site:

Mark Timmerman / MOA #133030 says:
November 6, 2015 at 9:12 pm
Pete – Thank you so much for sharing Barley with the rest of us. I met him during the “toasty” Sedalia BMW rally….then again at the St. Paul rally. He was a true ambassador of what being a motorcyclist is supposed to be….curious, patient, and a strong appetite for adventure. There was also that little gift he had for locating ANYONE within 500 yds who happened to be carrying an ice cream cone ;-) Heck…he even got so good that the victims just came to him instead…lol!

It’s a pleasure to have met him and you, Pete. My heartfelt sympathies to you as you morn the loss of your co-pilot and soul dog.

Warmest regards,

Mark Timmerman

Pete,

I met Barley at Salem. After an enjoyable conversation with him, he later introduced you to me. He will be remembered by all that met him. We have truly lost a respected club member.

If there is a heaven, it truly must be where you are reunited with all your past dogs. I have eight waiting for me. In the mean time, tell Barley to look for the Afghans named after F1 champions. They'll have a blast playing tag up there together until we join them.

image.jpg

Pete,
My most sincere condolences. I hate that I didn't get to meet Barley. I hope that I get to meet you soon.

Barley and Spirit were my inspiration to put Ellie on the bike.

Back