• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

REMUS Exhaust for K1100LT

• Thread starter Manhattan Rider
  • Start date
M

Manhattan Rider

I purchased my K1100LT new in 1996 and now has over 150,000 miles. Over the years, the stock exhaust was welded at the 4 into 1 three times before I had to replace it with another used K1100LT exhaust. Unlike the K100 and K1200, the K1100LT uses a one piece exhaust that has cracking problems.

Since my K1100LT is one of my five bikes I don't plan on selling, I decided to look for a quiet aftermarket exhaust, since stock exhausts are getting hard to find. I soon realized REMUS is one of the few (if not the only) that still makes an exhaust for this bike. REMUS has a quiet touring exhaust and a sport exhaust that fit on a header, making it a two piece system. My big concern was the noise. I wanted a quiet system. So I ordered the REMUS quiet can and header and am really pleased with the look and sound. It's a bit louder between 2-3,000 RPMs. However, its no louder at idle or cruising speeds. The header fits the stock 02 sensor and the power is very good. I'm very happy with this system.

I purchased the REMUS exhaust from Wunderlich America, www.wunderlichamerica.com

20120330_083445.jpg

20120329_192436.jpg

20120328_160723.jpg

It was much easier to install than the stock exhaust since it's two pieces. The header bolts on like the stock exhaust. You have to ensure that you replace the brass crush washers with new ones from BMW. They are only one time use.

The Remus Innovation Silencer uses the BMW stock mounting hardware and center stand stop. Once you slide it on the header, there's only one mounting bolt other than the clamp connecting the silencer to the header.

Wunderlich America doesn't show a header and silencer under K1100LT. These links shows the header and silencer for the K1200LT. I've your interested, you have to call them for the application on the K1100LT. The silencer comes in two versions; sport and touring (quiet). I ordered the quiet version that a bit louder than stock.

I paid $950 for the header and silencer delivered to the door with free shipping.

http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/motorcycle/K1200LT/0101088002.html
http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/motorcycle/K1200LT/2102100500L.html

Hello and thanks for the reply. I own a K75S and I will call them to verify if they have the same for my year/model.

Did you have to install a gasket between the header and silencer?

Hello and thanks for the reply. I own a K75S and I will call them to verify if they have the same for my year/model.

Did you have to install a gasket between the header and silencer?

No gasket between the header and silencer. The silencer comes with the clamp in the photo. The second photo show the use of the BMW mount and hardware. These exhaust is precisely manufacturered and fit like OEM.

20120416_094159.jpg

20120416_094759.jpg

Last edited:
Back