• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Reg Pridmore's CLASS video of ME!!!

jstrube

John.
A few weeks ago, I took my R1200RT to Sears Point & attended Reg Pridmore's CLASS. I had an absolute blast, I learned a whole bunch about my riding & got to ride on track with Reg Pridmore, who, I believe was the first AMA Superbike Champion & won the championship 3 years running.

I was running in the "B" group, as they had no "C" group for first timers. I wasn't the fastest person in the group by all means, but I wasn't the slowest either! Passing was restricted to the outside of turns & since this was a street oriented training, they had us run tight lines, not race lines. I only felt comfortable passing in about 2 or 3 places, not having the horsepower of some of the sport bikes on the track. I didn't do any passing in corners, only on straights.

In the second video, you can see a group of fast guys pass me as I make a pass on another slower rider. The RT is a great bike, & can be ridden fairly sporty. I think before I go back next year, I'm going to raise the foot pegs back up to stock & re-adjust the controls.

Have fun making fun of my circuits!

In the first video, the guy did a good job of mounting the mike & stuff & you can hear the engine go through the rev range & the foot peg scraping in a few of the corners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ijf9Ty2saY

I wasn't as happy with the second video, the guy was late getting me back out there, rushed the camera & mike install & I only got about 10 minutes on track out of a 20 minute session. You can hear the wind & as you see me shake my head after one of the corners, I didn't feel good about the run. I at least can tell when I am screwing up!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aopeCyNi3To[/youtube]

I learned a ton, could nail a few corners consistently & never got a couple of them right no matter how many times I went through them!

It was a fun day & I definitely plan to go back next year. Hopefully, I'll be another 20 lbs lighter & can move around on the seat more. I tell you what, anyone who doesn't think riding around a track or racing isn't athletic has never done it, I was beat up & tired after each session!

Back