• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Recall List

RogerA

Continually Confused
Sorry if this has been rasied before, but....

I think this site needs an "official" moderated section with a list of BMW Recalls and campaigns for each model.

As far as I know there is no single location that I can access to see recalls and campaigns for my bike.

My $0.02

Roger

Last edited:
NHTSA has a site...a bit cumbersome to navigate, but I've found the only recall that I know about for the Airheads.

Wouldn't this be something that could be discussed by posting within the specific bike forum? I'm not sure I see a need for a dedicated list.

NHTSA has a site...a bit cumbersome to navigate, but I've found the only recall that I know about for the Airheads.

The NHTSA only has safety related issues, as far as I know. Where would I find out, for example, that there is a new firmware release, or that the the sidecases need to be fitted with a vent?

Wouldn't this be something that could be discussed by posting within the specific bike forum? I'm not sure I see a need for a dedicated list.

Good point, it just needs to be easy to find

Roger

Roger,

Great idea - but - where would the information come from? I don't believe BMW-Motorrad will provide us with it. We'd need a top-secret friendly dealer who was willing to risk their relationship with BMW-Motorrad in order to help the MOA members.

Know any? Or any other sources?

Back