• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rear Brake Line Failure

k1300gtglenn

Blue Sky Canadian
So I pull in to a motel about a week ago and the rear brake pedal on my beloved 2011 K1300GT goes down to the stop with no affect on the forward motion of the bike. This aint right. A quick visual reveals brake fluid leaking from the top of the rear master cylinder. Odd, it didn't do that for the first 30,000 kms. Wrench on the nut and tighten ever so gently results in 1/16 of a turn and, yup, still leaks. Next stop is Bakersfield CA where the tech at Valley Cycle and Motorsports (good people by the way) discovers the flared end of the metal brake line at the master cylinder has been "crushed" (his words) from the factory. Parts mans says the old part # has already been superceded with a new part # and, wait for it, there are none in North America at this time. Back home now and I will check with my local dealer for availability and book a warranty repair date. Anyone ever hear of this happening before? Glenn.

Back