• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rally Grounds Walk-Through FR and SAT

dmaust01

Mark A.
We are going to be able to add a second opportunity for a walk-through of the rally grounds in Bloomsburg on Saturday at 2 pm. If you are able to make it, show up in the main gate area in the south portion of the fairgrounds.

Here is a map. The main gates are 3,4, and 5. Drive through downtown and watch for the fairgrounds on your left if headed away from the downtown area. Bloomsburg University is on the other end of downtown.
http://www.bloomsburgfair.com/index.php?pageid=220

More info:
http://www.bloomsburgdowntown.com/map.html

There are some nice videos about local attractions on this website, including Bill's Old Bike Barn. Click "video" above the small map.
http://www.itourcolumbiamontour.com/

http://billsbikebarn.com/
>>
November 5 & 6 You are all invited to come see the 2011 BMW MOA International Rally location, in Bloomsburg, PA., at the Bloomsburg Fairgrounds. It's near exit 232 of I-80. Walk the site Friday afternoon at 2 p.m. The BMW MOA Board Meeting is Saturday starting at 12:30 p.m. in the Fairgrounds administration building. All members are welcome and encouraged to attend these board meetings. For more information call the BMW MOA office at 636-394-7277.
>>

Mark

Last edited:
November 5 & 6 You are all invited to come see the 2011 BMW MOA International Rally location, in Bloomsburg, PA., at the Bloomsburg Fairgrounds. It's near exit 232 of I-80. Walk the site Friday afternoon at 2 p.m. The BMW MOA Board Meeting is Saturday starting at 12:30 p.m. in the Fairgrounds administration building. All members are welcome and encouraged to attend these board meetings. For more information call the BMW MOA office at 636-394-7277.
>>

Mark

From NOAA:

Saturday: A slight chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45. Northwest wind between 3 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Mark, can you something about tomorrow's weather?

We got a chance to ride up yesterday from SE Pa. and what a great ride it was!
As we got to the fairgrounds I was stunned to see such a large contingent of RV's. To our surprise there was a pretty large AKC dog show going on and it was fun looking at all different breeds and the grooming that was going on. We didn't stay for the meeting although we did get a chance to see some of our MOA friends. It was especially nice to see Sam and Jane Munn Rally Vendor Coordinators.
We also sampled lunch from one of the vendors on site, honey baked ham with melted cheese on a pretzel roll with a nice slice of home made pumpkin pie for desert. My suggestion would be to start dieting now if your going to be eating anything from this vendor next year.
Fantastic ride home with my own personal tour guide Bruce Davis in the lead.

Thanks to everyone that came to Bloomsburg this past weekend to see the site, attend the Board meeting, ride the great roads, etc. The local community has been very supportive and welcoming to all of us. Also, the enthusiasm of the local BMW riders has been contagious.
Mark

Excellent Rally site!

Had a nice ride up to Bloomsburg PA on Saturday, with nary a drop or flurry of precipitation the entire trip (though the Gerbings sure were a-crankin' at times). The board meeting was informative, as was the site walk-through. Rally planning is well ahead of schedule, thanks to all those involved in arranging 'the big party' at this excellent location. :clap

Considering all the wonderful roads in the area and the fact that Bloomsburg is a mere day trip for so many MOA members, I'd be very surprised if the '11 National doesn't set a new record for highest attendance. This is going to be another great one, folks!

-MTS

Back