• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R75/6 parts wanted

ripperfarms

Just bought a 1976 R75/6. Been wanting one like this for some time. It was missing a couple of parts but runs good. Does anyone know a good place to buy parts for this bike?

I need a tool tray and I think it has a couple of tools missing.

The key only fits the ignition, at least turns the ignition that is. It won't work in the fork lock or the seat lock. It does insert in each place. No big deal but it would be nice to have it work in all places. I may be the case that the ignition was re-keyed at some time, don't know.

I would also like to purchase a low seat rail. It came with the tall back rest seat rail (with pad) and I have a bad leg that just don't want to swing on the bike without catching on the backrest.

Additionally does anyone know a good way to clean the engine and other mis aluminum parts???????

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :bikes

At the Northern Illinois swap meet in Pecatonica last April, I sold a grab rail for $45 and a tool tray for $35. I can only assume that repros are slightly more costly. There is a grab rail on IBMWR right now for $60 plus shipping. I love parts trading. Good luck and have fun. If you are in the upper mid-west, I hope to see you at Pecatonica next year. I'll be there, and you never know what I might have to trade.

Joshua Buck posted some parts on IBMWR last month, so I think he might still be trading. However, if he no longer advertises nationally, he might be winding down.

Additionally does anyone know a good way to clean the engine and other mis aluminum parts???????

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :bikes

clink on this lick:
WD-40 & steel wool

I am still working on an RS that has been badly stained from the crappy backroads asphalt in its previous home in central IL. east of St. Louis. There are some stains that I just can not get out; I am just about to try soda blasting. I just noticed that I can get boxes of baking soda at Aldi's for 34?ó

If you are looking for "new" parts, try Hucky in Vero Beach. He has a great stock of parts for the vintage bikes as well as the /5,6,7's. He has ridden and wrenched BMW's all of his life, so he knows the product that he sells.

http://hometown.aol.com/ bmwhucky/BMWparts.htm

The other excellent source, though the parts list is alittle overwhelming, is Vech in rural Sturgis MS. He, too, is a wealth of information and advice.

http://members.aol.com/VechBMW/index.html

Both guys are first rate, small businesses who know their stuff. You will be able to find parts that you didn't know exist!

Bob Peckham
Vero Beach FL
1966 R50/2
1975 R60/6

Back