• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1200RT Tank Bag help

mosrrt

Looking for a tank bag for the 2016 R1200RT .

Don't want straps
Medium size
Map pocket
Fit the tank slope without or little gap between tank and bag
No or little handle bar contact when turned

Thanks

Gap?

Just don't like that gap under the bag
Well... not sure about the “gap,” however this bag has many miles on it without any issues.... I just didn’t want a taller bag that might obscure view of the dash... of course..YMMV... ride safe..

Just don't like that gap under the bag

You don't want straps, don't want a lock ring mount of some sort because of the gap. Good luck!

I have a Givi on my RT and like it. I am looking for a larger bag as I have just the tiny one for phone glasses and gloves. I am thinking of something larger but need to do some shopping.

You don't want straps, don't want a lock ring mount of some sort because of the gap. Good luck!

I have a Givi on my RT and like it. I am looking for a larger bag as I have just the tiny one for phone glasses and gloves. I am thinking of something larger but need to do some shopping.

Did not say I don't want a ring mount , just don't want the gap !

SW-MOTECH Quick-Lock EVO City Tank Bag
Nice fit on the RT, quicklock tank ring. Can get a waterproof, removable map pocket that can also hold a tablet computer if you're so inclined. I love mine. If it was waterproof, it would be perfect.

Here's pictures of the EVO City bag from the first link I provided.

View attachment 74526

View attachment 74527

Thanks for posting this... It my bike, so I didn't have to post the pics myself :lol

With the SW Motech, you do the final positioning yourself and then drill the holes in the mounting bracket. I personally wanted a little gap so that my tank wouldn't get scratched. If you want a tighter fit to the tank, you can do the positioning that way and then drill the holes to match.

I don't use the tank back often, but when I need the space/convenience, it works great.

Below is the Hepco & Becker "Tourer M" tank bag for the 2014-2018 R1200RT models These bags come in various sizes and mount nicely with the magnetic "6-bolt pattern Lock-it Tank Ring" around the filler cap.

tank-bag.jpg

https://www.motomachines.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=hepco+tank+bag

https://www.motomachines.com/hepco-...g-6-bolt-pattern-select-bmw-ktm-ducati-models

Do you have a picture from the side so the OP can see how much gap is under the bag?

This is a strange request, but what the hell? See below.

The bag doesn't touch the paint of the tank, which is not affected. The weight us on the mounting ring on the gas cap.

Attachments

• tank bag side view.jpg
    tank bag side view.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
This is the small Touratech bag and I'm quite pleased with it. It's large enough to carry wallet, sunglasses, and a water bottle and has an attachment system that does not look hideous when the bag is removed from the bike.

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

Back