• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R1150 R Windshield Help

B

BigPolack1

Hey Guys,
I just bought a used touring windshield for my 2002 R1150 R. It came with the windshield and four mounting arms. I'm having trouble figuring out how to mount the front arms. They obviously mount around the headlight bracket, but I don't know how. Am I missing a mounting plate or something? Please Help!:dunno

which style windshield if you know? I have the BMW on one and a flat style with stainless brackets on another. this one has some short ears that go on the headlight mounting screws. this version also requires the little ears to be removed from behind the signal posts. the upper brackets mount to the handlebar clamps. I will see if I have the other bikes details and post it also

Attachments

• P1010004.JPG
    P1010004.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 55
one more angle...HAHAHA I know, get SMUGMUG

Attachments

• R1 (7).JPG
    R1 (7).JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 55
henzilla - nice bike. which screens are those, how tall are you, and how are they on the highway at speed?

Thanks!

I am 6'1"ish and have the high seat.

the Red R has a old school flat screen. Someone said it was a Z- Technic I believe as it has no markings. It covers down past the headlight and is cut out at blinkers ,but i feel the wind across the top . At highway speeds it 'buffets" and seems to act as a sail.

The BMW logoed one on the Black R has a nicer shape and the lip definitely sends the wind over my head and away from hands more. I have switched mid ride between these two and like the BMW one the most. at highway speeds, this is the one.

Thanks Henzilla,

I have an '02 R1150 R non-abs. The windshield is a BMW touring windshield (looks like what you have on your black one). Could you show me a pic of where the front arms mount to the bike, especially behind the headlight bracket covers. I think that is where I need some sort of mounting bracket. Thanks a ton!

OK, this may take a few replys

the difference I noticed on the two bikes is the black bike has a two holed bracket right below the signal mount. It attches to the signal stem nut... in the pics, my lower mount is painted black so it may not be clear.

the top bolts go into the "triple tree" where the signal bracket is also bolted in

Attachments

• P1010006.JPG
    P1010006.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 45
Thanks Henzilla,
You've helped a ton! I don't have the mounting flange on my bike but Shreveport Motorsports said they can get me them. Since I'm going there for my annual service, I'll get them then. Once again, thanks!

Back