• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

question

BCKRider

Kbiker
Not always, but frequently, I can't get to the "gear" forum and also one other forum in the first box of forums (title escapes me at the moment.) Tonight I did login, to no avail. Other times I've been asked to and those forums magically appear. Other times I have not been asked and they appear.

Is there a reason this website sometimes but not always knows I am BCKRider (case important?) and allows me access to all the forums and sometimes doesn't? It is getting frustrating. And why should "gear" for example not be available for the un-registered to read if not respond to? (Can non-members read any stuff on the forum?)

Was there some discussion with people using the forum before "Tavern" was completely dropped? I found some of those threads interesting to read, though I never posted to that forum. Explanation?

I am relatively new to being a "registered user" and only have posted a few times. But have enjoyed and benefitted from the replies.

While the fault in not being able to access certain forums is probably all mine, I would certainly appreciate an email from some knowledgable person.

Oh, and is there some way to add a "spell-checker" so those of us who care could come across to the readers more clearly?

Doug Sonju #95998
dougsonju@telus.net

I moved this out to a separate thread, because I think you'll get more attention to your question that way.

If you use multiple computers (say, a desktop and a laptop), they may be set up differently. You can have the forum remember you on a computer (via cookies), but you'd have to get both of your computers set up the same way. Similarly, if you have one computer but with multiple logons, such as BCKRIDER and also Guest, they would both have to be set up the same way or else you'd have different experiences using the forum.

Some areas of the forum (Clubhouse is the one that comes to mind immediately) that are not visible if you're not logged in. Most of the forum areas are visible to nonmembers, but only members may post.

I believe that case IS important in your login name.

There was a week's notice given before the Tavern was closed which allowed people to get their final words in.

Not always, but frequently, I can't get to the "gear" forum and also one other forum in the first box of forums (title escapes me at the moment.) Tonight I did login, to no avail. Other times I've been asked to and those forums magically appear. Other times I have not been asked and they appear.

Is there a reason this website sometimes but not always knows I am BCKRider (case important?) and allows me access to all the forums and sometimes doesn't? It is getting frustrating. And why should "gear" for example not be available for the un-registered to read if not respond to? (Can non-members read any stuff on the forum?)

Was there some discussion with people using the forum before "Tavern" was completely dropped? I found some of those threads interesting to read, though I never posted to that forum. Explanation?

I am relatively new to being a "registered user" and only have posted a few times. But have enjoyed and benefitted from the replies.

While the fault in not being able to access certain forums is probably all mine, I would certainly appreciate an email from some knowledgable person.

Oh, and is there some way to add a "spell-checker" so those of us who care could come across to the readers more clearly?

Doug Sonju #95998
dougsonju@telus.net

I have never heard of "gear" not showing when someone logs in, that is strange. As Darryl mentioned, there are some registered member only areas (Clibhouse and the Tavern when it was available), but most other areas should be accessible as either registered or guest. Please keep track of this if it occurs in the future and let me know the specifics of when it happenned and I will check with our site guru.

When you are writing a post, if you look in the upper right hand corner of the screen you will see the letters ABC with a check mark under them , click on that to download a spell checker. You will need to do that for each computer you post from as it is a seperate program.

Hope this has helped...

Back