• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pre Rally service!

Quick thought! I currently have just under 58,000 km on my '16 RT and have an appointment tomorrow for its 60,000 km servicing! I expect going to the Rally next week and associated long way there and long way return km will be around 5000 km! My question is- do I get the service 2000km short or 3000km long of 60,000 km! Concerned about warranty issues!

Seems every time I leave on a longer ride, I’am midway between services, in which case I service my bike early. That insures all fluids are fresh(oil and final drive) and topped off. Also gives me a do complete inspection of everything on bike. No one likes surprises midway through a trip,(think tires and brakes)
Enjoy the rally

Good point Pilot! Will get her serviced tomorrow! Checked my brake pads yesterday after experiencing a bit of "chudder" on stopping! Pads have lots of material left! Must just be grabby at very low speeds! Will be at the rally and hope to meet you as well as many other bike enthusiasts!:ca

Seems every time I leave on a longer ride, I’am midway between services, in which case I service my bike early. That insures all fluids are fresh(oil and final drive) and topped off. Also gives me a do complete inspection of everything on bike. No one likes surprises midway through a trip,(think tires and brakes)
Enjoy the rally

+1

Had a similar issue with just under 11k miles on why 2016 RT and checked with my dealer and he said get it done 1400 miles early versus about 3000 miles late. I like you logic too!

Quick thought! I currently have just under 58,000 km on my '16 RT and have an appointment tomorrow for its 60,000 km servicing! I expect going to the Rally next week and associated long way there and long way return km will be around 5000 km! My question is- do I get the service 2000km short or 3000km long of 60,000 km! Concerned about warranty issues!

You still have warranty left with 58,000 km (36,000 miles)? We only get 3 years/36K here in the US.

You still have warranty left with 58,000 km (36,000 miles)? We only get 3 years/36K here in the US.

Unless something has changed since I moved to the U.S. in 2005, the warranty on BMW bikes bought in Canada is/was 36 months/unlimited kilometres. That said, there's this thing called winter.

I just topped off the coolant overflow tank on my wethead GS, something the dealer should have done when the bike was serviced last fall...

Back