• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Pre-Digital photo's only!!!

Lookout Cafe, Ortega Hwy SoCal

3056865741_b3908b66c7_z.jpg

Me and my dad right after the U.S. Army was done with me. He lived in a mobile home while his house was being built. We're in front of his trailer in Hanford, California 1975. His was a BM'er R75 (1975 I think) and mine was a 72 Honda CB750k2... I loved that bike!

rick & dad on bikes 2.JPG

great idea, thanks for the thread.

me, my pa, and my brother - cb350 - the bike I learned to ride on...

ap-mp-mp.jpg

-tp

Teepke,

I spent my high school years in Lexington so I know Billerica. Great picture. Wouldn't you love to have that bike now? :)

hey bluehole! that pix was from our home in Rockport where I grew up.

funny story about the bike... I was away at my first year of college and came home from break... I was in my yard and heard the familiar sound of that bike roll past and remarked to my dad "wow, cool, I just heard/saw a bike just like ours!" to which he replied "it probably was ours, I sold it!" :wave

the bike was great around town but a bit floaty on the highways... and for sure, would be awesome to have now, though if I did still have it probably would not have my F800. :thumb

-tp

This is one of my favorite threads. Even more than "word association"! ==:sick

This is a bit of a topic stretch, but this link is a video of a post WWII victory celebration filmed in Hawaii. Definitely pre-digital and worth a look.

http://vimeo.com/5645171

just found these, a warm christmas day 1971

1119313362_nRDML-XL.jpg

my younger brother in the center. mine was stolen by a neighborhood kid (Jeff, you out there?) out of my garage. replaced it with a 250cc yamaha dirt-bike, nice upgrade!

Just finished scanning my thousands of slides and negitives.

Here are a couple

Attachments

• 076.jpg
    076.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 356
Thank for the touch up, but actually the light was a little funny because of fog and it was snowing pretty good.
I'm the one that needs the age reduction :)

Back