• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post pictures of fun you had this summer on your bmw:

Great Shots

Great shots Gail. I remember West Quody Light. Brought back memories of one of last season's trips. Cool fish.

rider1150RT said:
Last one. Lake Macdonald in Glacier NP
Funny, I must have stopped slightly later in the same place. Seeing that shot brings back great memories.

Attachments

• DSC00365.JPG
    DSC00365.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 824
Too much work, not enough riding

Wow.... the pics ya'll have posted are splendiferous, fantabulous, phenominous.... envious.

Work was really on my mind this summer, so I didn't get to take any long trips, and *definitely* missed going to Spokane.

But, some riding did ensue, I just wish these pics measured up.

My wife and I are building a place up in North Carolina, so many of my rides involved going up and meeting with builders, etc. This is the view from our lot:

nc_view.jpg

It's just off NC209 near Waynesville. For those of you familiar with the area, 209 is like having your own Dragon.

r80gs.jpg

This is a favorite BBQ stop along the way... in Clayton, GA.

oinkers.jpg

No comments from the peanut gallery, please! ;)

I did manage to work in some riding with the working... taking a trip to visit the Mayo Clinic to meet with them on an assignment we were working on.

fireworks.jpg

Along the way I stopped in for dinner with Diaper Dude:

aliciandad1.jpg

And stayed at the Ambassadorial Hotel:

beemerhill.jpg

While you lucky dogs were in Spokane, I had to settle for AMA Vintage Days. When you're planning your trip to Beemerville next year, be sure to put the Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum on your itinerary.

ama_museum1.jpg

ama_museum.jpg

This summer was the political season, so some time was spent discussing things on-line instead of riding. :type

ian_the_peacenick.jpg

I did ride the K12 to a political rally late in the summer...

democrats.jpg

Sorta like this guy, I was the only bike in the parking lot. Sure did make it easy to dispatch with the traffic jam as everyone was leaving. :burnout

This was all part of a trip to Biketoberfest. Me and the guys I work with have a Bike Week tradition:

pokechop.jpg

We're biker dudes... we eat pork with our hands!

I did manage to get in at least one camping ride this year, the Georgia Club's annual Labor Day Adventure.

brmcc.jpg

This is at the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground in Cruso, the week before this river washed out their bridge.

willville.jpg

This is at the Willville campground, in The Meadows of Dan, Virginia.

And... last, but not least... I rode the R69S to the Vintage BMW Owners regional rally in Georgia....

vbmwo_show.jpg

and won Best in Show.

All-in-all it was a pretty good summer. Having to work a lot sucked, but I made the best of it.

Ian

Last edited:
Nice pics!!! My mom lived in Clayton, Ga for years--she owned and ran the Beechwood Inn b&B up on the hill if you were to leave town going out 76 to the east. You know Deliverence was filmed in that area (mostly in Tallulah Gorge)--the closing of the movie was filmed in Clayton.

foobeemer said:
You know Deliverence was filmed in that area (mostly in Tallulah Gorge)--the closing of the movie was filmed in Clayton.

Geez.... we are *still* trying to live that movie down in these parts (and I *ain't* from around here... I'm from NYC). Sqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal like a piggie!

The roads up in the hills surrounding the Chatooga River, which empties into the gorge and the Tugaloo river, feature some *excellent* dual sport riding.

And... more than a few cars parked on cinder blocks.... ;)

Ian

Big Bend National Park

Summer Pixs!

Attachments

• Big Bend National Pk.bmp
    137.4 KB · Views: 767
Big Bend National Park

Summer Pixs.

Attachments

• Big Bend National Park Entrance & BMW.jpg
    Big Bend National Park Entrance & BMW.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 814
Nc209

Quote: "It's just off NC209 near Waynesville. For those of you familiar with the area, 209 is like having your own Dragon."

Been there, done that! Whoopee! :clap :wow What a beautiful area.

Back