• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pelican Cases

E

erickson9502

I am considering trying to mount Pelican Case to my 91 K100LT with the original BMW mounts. Has anyone tried this? If so any helpfull hints

I mounted a Pelican case as a topcase and I basically just used enormous washers and plastic spacers (there is a name for them but I don't know what it is) and screws that I got from the hardware store. I am really happy with the case and plan to use Pelican cases as side cases on my next bike.

I have a buddy who mounted Pelican cases on his VStrom with SWMoto racks and basically just drilled and mounted, again using really big washers that you can find at a good hardware store.

Have you tried googling Pelican Case-Motorcycle or something like that? That's what I did and I found several pages although I have never heard of it done on an LT. But where there is a will there must be a way, right??

I mounted a Pelican case as a topcase and I basically just used enormous washers and plastic spacers (there is a name for them but I don't know what it is) and screws that I got from the hardware store. I am really happy with the case and plan to use Pelican cases as side cases on my next bike.

They're good cases, BUT those Integral Cases that come with your bike are rock solid...I can't tell you how often I've dropped that bike off road and the cases acted as crash bars...

I'm sure its possible but you may have to remove the rear turn signals. I did that in order to mount Jesse's on my friend's K100...so the Pelican won't be much different(once you remove the turn signals).

Let me know if you want pics and I'll post them on my site...

edde

I put an old style (fixed handle) 1600 case on top of a Reynolds Rack that had a backrest loop. I used 2 - 5/16x3.5" eyebolts and fender washers to hold the fixed handle to the rack and mounted 2 straps with buckles from shopping carts to the ridges on the botton of the case, near the hinges with 10-24 bolts. With double stick foam tape I placed a 3/8" thick piece of foamed PVC between the case and rack to prevent the rack from rubbing the case. All with no holes into the main compartment. Than rode ~5500 miles r/t chicago/seattle/chicago. Not a single problem and still have the case on the bike as a daily rider. Those that see it say it said looks great almost OEM. Was still able to put a spair helmet on top w/ 1 bungee w/ 3rd sliding hook. That said there should be a way to use Pelican 1550s or 1600s with Aluminun channel as hangers on the OEM bag racks. Be sure to reinforce the case inside & out where the hangers are mounted. Use sheet plastic (PVC or the like) and fender washers. Have someone sit on the passenger seat to asst in deternining the position of the cases. You may even be able to put a smaller case as a tool case piggyback as Caribou Case Systems

check out

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102759

http://www.adventure-motorcycle.com/store/?name=Catalog&mode=i&item=000059

E-mail me and Ill send pics of my top case.

You might get some mounting ideas here: http://faq.f650.com/FAQs/AftermarketPelicanFAQ.htm.

Just for grins...
FlashPelGiv16FlashDash.jpg

Back