• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pairing with SRC Problem

TEBMW

TEBMW
I have not been able to pair my 2011, R1200RT, radio to my SRC system. My Nav V paired very easy. Anyone have a suggestion. Hope to get this fixed before I leave for NY.

I have not been able to pair my 2011, R1200RT, radio to my SRC system. My Nav V paired very easy. Anyone have a suggestion. Hope to get this fixed before I leave for NY.

Just curious if you got this sorted out yet? I have never had a problem linking my Cardo G9.

Do you have a friend with another unit to try? How about where you bought it? Or, call the manufacturer...

Or, are you trying to listen to the FM or Sat radio via the SRC? I have never tried to do that, just play MP3s on my USB stick.

Pairing SRC

All my friends in this area have stopped using the SRC system. I did have the dealer try to pair the bikes radio to my helmet, but were unsuccessful. We even updated the helmets's SRC software.

Do you think the pairing sequence could make a difference? Maybe pairing the radio first and then the GPS would make a difference.

I have an SRC and I've run into problems where it forgets its pairing with my Garmin Nav IV. Truth be told, I've never been very happy with my SRC. The button controls aren't intuitive, settings are lost, pairing is kind of kludgy, and recently I had to dissect the whole unit to replace a $2.00 ribbon cable because the unit simply wasn't made particularly well. My SRC has a built in radio but I gave up a long time ago trying to operate it while riding.

BI have the same bike, SRC and NAV 5. I've given up on pairng to the bike audio.
So far my best configuration is SRC to Nav V. SRC to Cardo G9. Nav V to iPhone.
I have music on Nav and on iPhone.

Biggest problem is delay in restoring intercom after GPS announcement.

I'm planning on trying a bluetooth transmitter connected to rear audio connector to see if that might work better.

I think there is a software update for the bike audio. Maybe it would help.

Last edited:
Back