• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Paint/plating question

Is there a paint that will appear (look like) plating (cad not chrome) that is in a can (brush not spray)

You can try Testors enamel #1180 steel or 1181 aluminum. I've touched up my cad plating with either one, realizing that nothing is going to look like original plating.
There is a home tin zinc plating kit (Eastwood) that I have used and results were pretty good. Just omit the polishing after the plating is done and it looks like cad.

Talk to the guys at Brush Plating. They make chemicals to plate almost any metal with all sorts of other chemicals, including cadmium. This is what "100-point" auto restorers use to replate parts to the original look. Spendy.

Personally, I like the Testors model paint idea!

Back