• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

oil leak at fill hole

djcondie

I have a 2004 CL that is leaking at the oil fill hole. I have replaced the cap and the o ring that is attached to the cap and it still leaks. There is a plastic part that fits in the cylinder head cover that the cap screws into. Does this part just pop out to be replaced? I don't see any threads on the new one that I just bought. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dave

There are 2 o-rings - the one you've already replaced plus one under the plastic bit the cap screws into. Just pop out (carefully) that plastic piece to access the other one. For best results replace the o-rings in pairs. No need to replace the cap itself.

Back