• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Oil leak and oil additives?

Gil

My beloved 1988 K75 seems to have an oil leak. Not significant enough to make me worry, but it drips about three to four silver dollar size spots everywhere I park. I notice a little oil coming from behind the engine. Not much. Most of the oil is on the front bottom and I believe it drips under the bike. Will those notorious additives to stop oil leaks in cars work on these older K bikes or would it do more harm?
On a second note, the window to check oil level is not very visible. Should the oil level be at the top of the circle or mid of the circle?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Gil

Your oil pump is leaking out the weep hole, so don't use any additives to fix it. You'll have to deal with it at some point by rebuilding or replacing the pump.

I put the oil in the middle of the circle. And you can replace the sight glass very easily, if you want....

Back