• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Oil Filter Question

bluehole

In the past I have have used the Mahle OX 37 D oil filter on my /5. My last oil filter purchase, I inadvertently picked up an EnDuraLast OF-570 filter. I am not familiar with the EnDuraLast filter. Is it comparable quality to the Mahle? The filters look similar to one another.

I see that Euro Motoelectrics offers this filter on their website. They list it with part number 11 42 1 337 570. That is the filter that is used for non-oil cooler bikes. As long as the orings are properly used as you have done in the past, it should be fine. Pre /7 filter compartments are different so just confirm the use of the orings. Snowbum has a write up on filters as well as Anton:

http://largiader.com/tech/filters/

In the past I have have used the Mahle OX 37 D oil filter on my /5. My last oil filter purchase, I inadvertently picked up an EnDuraLast OF-570 filter. I am not familiar with the EnDuraLast filter. Is it comparable quality to the Mahle? The filters look similar to one another.

I'm not familiar with the OF-570, but with my Airheads I won't take a chance on a collapsed or failed filter. The Mahle filters have been the OEM filters for the Airhead, so I am sticking with them. You're in the US. Take a look at Rock Auto dot com. They sell the OX37D filter kit at a very reasonable price.

Me

I just recently purchased filters from EME and chose the more expensive Mahle filter. Like Mike, I have had collapsed filters using cheaper brands in the past.

I don't believe the collapsed filters didn't filter while on the bike but it sure is not a good sign to see when they are removed. St.

Looks like there was another o-ring in the base of the filter canister...pushing two o-rings together could split one of them. :dunno

Back