• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

October 4, 2023 there will be a nationwide test of the emergency broadcast system.

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
Looks like on October 4th at 2:20 pm it will be lions and tigers and bears.

No doubt some won’t know but readers of the MOA Forum will. :dance

Unless pre-empted by a real emergency.

OM

Thanks for the heads-up, the direct You-Tube link will be passed around. :thumb
I wonder how the younguns with their noses buried in the screen will react... :eek

I am cleaning out everything under my desk to make room, just in case. :brow

You do remember that it has to be a wooden desk? Try not to snag your collarbone on the ink well. :p

images

OM

Came about 2-3 minutes early here. Basically just like the Amber alerts I've been getting. Meh!

A few minutes later, got it on the TV. Pretty obnoxious!

Nothing here - phone or TV. We live in an information desert. Weather radar blanks before it gets here too.

Twelve weeks after shoulder surgery, I finally get back on the golf course. It’s a beautiful day, clear sky and 80 degrees. I’m in my downswing when my wife’s phone sounds the alert. Now, I just need to come up with a good excuse for the other 99 strokes.

Doug

Just for fun, I turned off all of my alerts and put the iPhone in airplane mode.

Nary a peep.

My coworkers, however, had their phones vibrating and alerting all over :whistle

Back