• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

No longer a Future Owner

motorama

I had to finagle a red one, but my dealer found one, and delivered it to me.

In a couple of weeks I've already put 650 miles on it, in the rain ,mostly, but as we say in California, "We need the rain."

I am impressed with the road manners and overall fit of this bike. It suits me. I couldn't decide whether to get an RS or an R, so I kept renting one or the other. Then one day it hit me. "Red "R"" and so it is.

I am waiting for Wunderlich to ship my windscreens ( i ordered 2) and have installed a Puig hugger (not sure I like it, though) , Sargent Seat, and a Givi tank mounted bag.

I am smiling every time I throw a leg over this bike. It gets it's name from my old oilhead RS, it's "Gunther, the Red".

RedGunther.jpg

The R1200R is a good bike. Love the red color.

Attachments

• 67 & 17 400.jpg
    67 & 17 400.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
Looks good in Racing Red.
It's nice you were able to rent both the RS and R, making it possible to get in plenty of test miles.

Last edited:
The Puig hugger is a little different looking.
If you end up removing the hugger, the Mud Sling does a good job of protecting the rear shock and looks OEM.

Not sure there are too many OEM BMW fenders held on by zip ties.

The Puig bolts into place similar to the GS rear fender.

Welcome to the forums J... a lovely bike in a dashing colour. I was wondering how long it would take Jeff and Voni to chime in on your choice of colour... not long I see.

Back