• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

No brake light, HELP!

With ABS there is an extra DIODEI-RELAY (part #61367662056, bobsbmw.com). A bit cheaper on ebay.

It contains two diodes which separate the front and rear brake switches and also connects to the ABS control unit (input only). It is the green colored relay shown on this page. Pin #4 of the relay is the 12V supply to the rear brake light.

/Guenther

Hi Guenther
Do you happen to know where this relay is located?
I did trace the taillight wire up to the front of the bike but still no luck without tearing into the bike further. I did end up making a temporary run to the taillight so I could do my shakedown trip last weekend and everything went very well. I did discover that someone had reversed the spade connectors at the taillight so got that squared away, also. Sounds to me like that relay might very well be my culprit. I made an offering of a few turn signal lenses to the off-road gods so I need to place an order anyway so I can order up the relay.
Thanks!

To be clear, this relay is for the brake light.

Here's the link to the relay with the diode inside:

https://www.f650gs...DiodeRepair.html

No relay for the tail light - only a 4A fuse. Reversing the spade connectors at the tail light should not be a problem unless an LED has been installed.

Seems like you are having some vendetta with the lights on your bike! :whistle

/Guenther

To be clear, this relay is for the brake light.

Here's the link to the relay with the diode inside:

https://www.f650gs...DiodeRepair.html

No relay for the tail light - only a 4A fuse. Reversing the spade connectors at the tail light should not be a problem unless an LED has been installed.

Seems like you are having some vendetta with the lights on your bike! :whistle

/Guenther

Thanks Guenther!
I had already ordered the diode before realizing that the taillight connectors were switched so I might just have a spare diode now, lol. I haven't had time to work on it since but when I do I'll continue to try and trace why I have no power to the taillight. In the meantime the separate 12V feed is working fine. Now I can move on to the ProTaper handlebars and Rox risers which will require some work and relocating the ABS and 4 way flasher switches. I'm planning on going ahead and replacing the heated grips as they are pretty worn and one of the wires on one grip broke right at the grip so not even going to try and repair that, lol
Onward and Sideward!

Back