• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New to MOA, not to BMW

I picked up my BMW motorcycle about a year ago. A 2008 f800ST, primarily for commuting and weekend jaunts. I have been hanging out on F800Riders.org.

I just add a 2007 R1200RT to the stable for two-up riding and longer trips. I thought I might find more info and related conversation here.

PS. I ended up with a random number as a user name. Can it be changed? I haven't quite sorted out the control panel.

I Love Riding in NC!

Welcome to you. I have been through NC four times in the last year, down the BRP twice, then back through Raleigh and Wake Forest. My wife has family in Asheville and WF. Good riding down there, and even the state troopers seemed pretty friendly.

You'll like that RT and find lots of good information in the Hexheads/Camheads forum.

See you out there!:dance

NC BMW riders

Welcome to MOA! You didn't say what part of the Old North State you live in. There is a Sunday Breakfast for bike folks in Pittsboro @ the Carolina Brewery & Grill at the intersection of US15-501 and US 64 Bypass (exit 383). We have 50-75 bikes of all makes+types every weekend. It is sponsored by a MOA club (Gonzo Touring Team #247) 9 to Noon every Sunday.

There are several clubs in NC:

Asheville BMW Riders, #353
founded: 6/18/2011

BMW North Carolina Tarheel Travelers, #57 (eastern NC,Triangle,Fayetteville)
founded: 6/1/1975

BMW Riders of Charlotte, #312
founded: 3/24/2004

Carolina BMW Motorcycle Owners Association, #220 (Triad area)
founded: 9/1/1992

Coastal Carolina BMW Riders Club, #306 (Wilmington area)
founded: 11/1/2001

Gonzo Touring Team, #247 (Triangle+)
founded: 10/1/1994

Knob Mountain NC Motorcycle Chapter, #216 ( mountain areas)
founded: 12/1/1992

Use the MOA page for local clubs and contact information.

Hope to see you at Breakfast and local rallies!:wave

Nice Catch Rev,
I didn't catch there was another Tarheel here.

Welcome aboard and hope to see you perhaps at Breakfast.

Rev Willie is one of those with a grey ponytail, Mine is white.

NCS

Thanks for the welcome and info.
I did not nail down a specific NC location because I have two:
work and live in Raleigh
Generally weekend in Blowing Rock

If/when I am in town I will see about Sunday breakfast

Owen

if you ever venture out to Asheville and points west, let me know... i can share ya some routes.

we do fairly different types of riding (you probably don't want to get your ST dirty) but i do know of a few good paved roads.

welcome here.

ian

Back