• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member in Minnesooooota

jeff.jakusz

It's about time I introduced myself. I am not yet a BMW owner, but I am working on that! I am getting in line for a 2015 R1200RT at one of the dealerships in the Twin Cities. Being a computer geek by trade, and nature, I am getting all my research done ahead of time as far as farkles, maintenance, helpful hints etc. This is a good time to thank you all for the help thus far as many of my questions were answered through the wonders of the "search" feature! :thumb

Being in the Twin Cities, I took the early jump and joined MOA so I could attend this years rally. It would be a shame to miss it as it was in my own backyard. Of course I met many wonderful people and learned more about the brand.

So, I am in the process of trying to sell/trade in my current H-D Fat Boy and purchase a new RT. I am struggling a bit with availability of allocations and which dealership to patronize. Reviews of the dealerships around here range from cold to warm but nothing glowing. I hope to learn to do my own maintenance but it would be nice to have the right dealership at hand for any oddities. That was a little long winded, but my point is I would prefer to buy at the same place as I have it serviced since I am still in the position to choose. My biggest question today is what is the best dealership in the Twin Cities.

Once again, thank you for your help thus far and will be visiting daily!

Last edited:
Sorry I can't help you with dealer information in the Twin Cities.

But....welcome to the forum and thank you for being a member.

Once you get your bike post a pic up here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks all! I have initiated contact with Moon Motorsports and Hopkins Hitching Post. Seems like the folks on this forum know the ordering system better than the dealerships. Or, perhaps there just aren't many allocations out there quite yet for 2015. Seems odd that there is like one bike available at this time for all of Minnesota??? Although, these are multi-brand and sport dealerships and do wonder how they keep all of the this straight from season to season.

BMW allocates new bikes on the basis of past bike sales. Sometimes it works fine - sometimes not so much.

You need to simply GO SEE the various posssible diealers - Leos, Moon and Hopkins.

Editorial note: how marvelous to have a choice of more than one. I live 250, 400, 450 or 1050 from my favorable options.

Thank you all. Yes, I should be counting my blessings I have three dealership options! I have stopped by all three and working with Moon and Hitching Post. Only one available bike allocated thus far. Working on a trade-in as well.

Last edited:
Welcome! Newbie here myself, just joined a few mn. See my thread on this forum.

Ramon (Minneapolis)

Back