• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Looking for a Kansas City MOA member to help me out- Update March 25

ksdcr

I have a line on a R80 seat that is being sold on the Kansa City CL,
Unfortunately, the seller will not ship it to me. I am in Chalfont Pa.18914.

Wondering if there are any members in this area, that would be interested in, making the purchase for me, and sending it out to me. I would pre pay you for the seat cost, as well as shipping.

Thanks,
John Walsh

**** Just want to update this saga. I reached out with the Anonymous book, ( thanks Mikegalbicka), and found a contact near Kansas City. BMWMOA member Kevin Collison was very receptive to helping me obtain the R seat, from a local seller on CL. After some back and forth, Kevin sent me a text, saying he was successful in purchasing the seat for me. Kevin is a first class BMW club member, and has reminded me, of how much this organization, is a special community.

i will further update this when the seat gets here.

****** Update March 25
Kevin boxed the R seat up, and I expect to receive it in Chalfont Pa. By this Wednesday.

Attachments

• IMG_0338.jpeg
    IMG_0338.jpeg
    275.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0339.jpeg
    IMG_0339.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I am still in the winter in Texas. If I were back in Kansas for the summer this would be a simple no-brainer. Come on KCBMWMC, get your crap together and help this member out!!

I find it odd the seller won't ship. Are you sure it's not a scam?
Ski bum
No, I am not sure. He has only communicated to me through CL. But, if it was a scam, I would think that he would want to “ ship” it, after I sent money.

Here is the text from the ad…
“As shown. Fit a 1984 R/80. unsure what else exactly. No tears. Good be like new condition. Sorry, local buyers only.”

John

I am in the process of “rehabilitating “ my 1983 R100. It doesn’t need a restoration, just some components here and there. So, recently came across an NOS dual seat on craigslist. Problem though, it’s halfway across the country. Contacted the seller, but he absolutely had no interest in shipping the seat.

I was a little frustrated over this, as this would complement my R100 very well. So I checked the Anonymous book, for any member near the KS location. My first call was to Kevin Collison. Kevin was very open to the idea, of making the local purchase from the CL seller, and shipping it to me on the east coast. After a few back and forth, he was able to make the buy, boxed it up very carefully, and it arrived on Tuesday.

I thought that this “long distance” buy was not going to ever happen, but Kevin came through, and took the time and effort to help this member out. All in all, a very good experience. Can’t wait to install the NOS seat.

Last edited:
Back