• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Member: Glad to be here!

therideistheway

therideistheway
By way of introduction: I know nothing about forums so I'll read the tips and hints before getting in over my head. Generally, my life has been about motorcycling since I was 6 and my father gave me a home-built lawnmower motorcycle scaled to fit. Since then I've logged (yeah... my father got me in the habit of logging my rides - or I couldn't borrow his machines) over 2 million miles on 70+ motors since 1958 and the best I've ever ridden were BMWs. Today we own more motors than we have space for (if you leave them in your garage in the dark I swear they multiply on their own...) and I ride BMWs, Indians, and once in a great while, a highly modified HD. We ride 2 or 3 times a week, rain or shine. We don't ride in snow or ice by choice, but as we all know, S... Happens. I'm not very mechanically inclined and have always relied upon top-notch knowledgeable people to wrench on our motors. My wife E, a superb enthusiastic motorcyclist, rides her own motorcycles and she has BMWs, HD EVOs and HD FXRs, and earlier machines, a 2015 Indian, and some others. Our first-choice motors are GSAw Adventures. In my 20's I used to set my hair on fire every time I climbed aboard a motor, but eventually I discovered a deeper level of appreciation in riding. Now we usually ride by ourselves because we ride slower than everybody else we know, for cruising we average about 55 - 90 mph range depending upon the scenery. If we get there last, we're happy because we spent more time riding and less time talking. We both enjoy photography and music; my wife plays guitar and I play electric bass. We're looking forward to meeting you guys and learning a lot! Tha' tha' that's all, folks!

Welcome. I too am a slow rider. I learned that you either ride and ignore the scenery or enjoy the scenery. So many times I am the slowest rider but most of the time happier. I ride a lot in Washington and Oregon. Some great riding without a lot of traffic and a lot of great scenery. Perhaps we'll see you on the road.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the intro.
Don't be afraid to ask for help if you have any questions.

Once you figure out how to load pictures share some of yours with us.

Great Area Rides in WA

Welcome. I too am a slow rider. I learned that you either ride and ignore the scenery or enjoy the scenery. So many times I am the slowest rider but most of the time happier. I ride a lot in Washington and Oregon. Some great riding without a lot of traffic and a lot of great scenery. Perhaps we'll see you on the road.

Thanks for your note. We manage to relocate for the winter down south in AZ, NV, or East CA - desert rides! WA as some great rides, mostly in the summer for us. I don't like cleaning for 3 hours after a rain/mud riding day. But the ride between Gig Harbor and Squim (several great routes) and return is quite beautiful and peaceful.

Thanks for the welcome!

That would be nice, Lee. I'll take a good look and see if I can figure how to upload pictures without using duct tape and bailing wire.

First Picture Upload...

Ride to Shoshone.jpgRide to Shoshone.jpg

Ride to Shoshone Small.jpg

Well, I guess I'll look for directions. The photo upload showed some kind of address, not the picture.
One step at a time.

Photo Upload...

Can you please point me in the direction of instructions on how to upload photos? My first try was a disaster because 3 photos were uploaded when I tried to upload only one.
Thanks in advance. :)

Can you please point me in the direction of instructions on how to upload photos? My first try was a disaster because 3 photos were uploaded when I tried to upload only one.
Thanks in advance. :)

I'll look for instructions.
If you happen to have your photos on a photo sharing site, you can copy and paste the URL of the photo between

A few instructions in this thread. https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?4418-Including-pictures-to-forum-posts

I need to look at the attachment process since I don't use that very often.

Below the window where you post you will see
Manage Attachments Click on it

At the upper right click on +Add Files

Click on Browse and select a picture on your computer and click Upload

Click on Done at the lower right

I believe you can attach three pictures in each post.

Clear as mud?

Back