• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New member from Western NY

Rob.rautenstrauch

I've had my 2002 BMW F650 GS for almost 9 years, why it took me so long to join the MOA is beyond me, and slightly embarrassing. Anyway, I'm from East Amherst, NY and I can't wait to get more involved in the community. I'm also a member of our local charter club, the BMWRCWNY (BMW Riders Club of WNY). They're a great group and honestly they are the reason I'm still riding a BMW. They always help, give great advice and camaraderie. I think it's what makes BMW riders different from others out there!

Hope to see some of you on the road.

Safe travels,
Rob

Welcome, Rob. Anytime you are in St. Louis, stop in and say hello.

Ted Moyer
BMW MOA

I was in the Finger lakes club for a couple years. Rally's are not my thing, I would rather ride than sit around and talk about riding. Wife rides her own bike so around WNY she is my main riding partner. Have done a few group rides with WNY sportriders, but most of my NY riding is to meet and have lunch with some of the ADV riders crowd, then wander around on the way home, trying to get lost on back roads. Last few years a majority of my miles have been NC, PA, CA, and Europe.

But always in for an excuse to get out and ride, say hello and swap lies over lunch.

Welcome Rob.

Glad to have you here! So you hang out with those BMWRCWNY hoons?:D

Good to hear that they finally convinced you to join the MOA. How about a pic of your bike so we can admire your good taste?

Would love to hear something about the area in which you ride. Ride reports with photos are always welcome here.

I was in the Finger lakes club for a couple years. Rally's are not my thing, I would rather ride than sit around and talk about riding. Wife rides her own bike so around WNY she is my main riding partner. Have done a few group rides with WNY sportriders, but most of my NY riding is to meet and have lunch with some of the ADV riders crowd, then wander around on the way home, trying to get lost on back roads. Last few years a majority of my miles have been NC, PA, CA, and Europe.

But always in for an excuse to get out and ride, say hello and swap lies over lunch.

I'm with you on that, I definitely prefer riding. Have you hit any of the back roads covered by the Wayne County Adventure Ride? It's a good time, if you like dirt/gravel roads.

Welcome Rob.

Glad to have you here! So you hang out with those BMWRCWNY hoons?:D

Good to hear that they finally convinced you to join the MOA. How about a pic of your bike so we can admire your good taste?

Would love to hear something about the area in which you ride. Ride reports with photos are always welcome here.

Thanks Bud! I have attached a picture. It's almost a year old, so there's a little more farkle on the bike since then ;-)

Attachments

• IMG_0899.jpg
    IMG_0899.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 81
I'm with you on that, I definitely prefer riding. Have you hit any of the back roads covered by the Wayne County Adventure Ride? It's a good time, if you like dirt/gravel roads.

Been doing a lot of dirt here, just to keep it interesting, lots of good stuff in Wyoming, Allegheny, Livingston, and stuben counties.

Been doing a lot of dirt here, just to keep it interesting, lots of good stuff in Wyoming, Allegheny, Livingston, and stuben counties.

I just started last season, finally using my GS, like a GS. I have the GPS track from the WCMC ride if you want it. I'm always looking for good dirt roads/trails. I was born and raised in Wyoming county. I'll be darned if I can remember what roads were good out there...

I just started last season, finally using my GS, like a GS. I have the GPS track from the WCMC ride if you want it. I'm always looking for good dirt roads/trails. I was born and raised in Wyoming county. I'll be darned if I can remember what roads were good out there...

Just use my technique, see a road heading someplace you haven't been? No time like the present.

Hi Rob;
Welcome to the MOA Forum!

Some of the members of the WNYBMW Club come out to our Niagara BMW Riders Breakfast in Smithville Ontario Canada.

Have a look at our website, www.nbmwr.com

Everyone is welcome!

Top_Speed1, I was going to ask if that was Seneca Lake in your avatar, but I figured out from your go kart site that it must be.

I'm in Hornell, NY, Steuben County.

Harry

Hi Harry,

Myself and some of the other GS riders were out your way back in September. You've got tons of awesome dirt and gravel roads. I'm jealous! I also have a client located on Main Street in Hornell that I visit a few times a year.

Welcome Rob from Rochester

I am a member of Finger Lakes but like you I prefer to ride. Love hitting the dirt roads in and around the Finger Lakes. I have a 2012 Sertao. Love to meet up with you guys this summer.

That would be great!

rwille,

I'm always interested in hitting some dirt. Maybe we can meet somewhere halfway and explore, or arrange a day ride. Keep in touch!

Rob

I know it's late but welcome to the site. I've spent a lot of weekends skiing in western NY at Bristol Mountain or Holiday Valley. I've not yet taken the bike through that state though. But I'm kind of torn on ever going to your state and spending any of my money there for any reason ever again at this point, since your governor called anyone who owns sporting rifles extremists and unwelcome in your state last month.

Back