• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member from Virginia checking in

troutwhisperer

Hello everybody. Thought I would just check in and give a quick intro.

Although I am not new to motorcycles I am new to the BMW marque. After much debate between various models and even brands I finally located a low mileage 2006 R2005GS for sale locally. After meeting with the owner (who was terrific by the way) and going over the well maintained bike, the deal was settled, bike was loaded, and headed to its new home.

I am looking forward to combining two of my other favorite hobbies while riding about on my new to me R1200Gs: camping and scouring back roads in the National Forest/Shenandoah National Park for wild brook trout with my fly rod. I've also signed up to attend the Twin Valley Rally at Willville Bike Camp in September. This will be my first rally and am looking forward to riding the back roads of southwest Virginia and the fellowship of other like minded riders.

Thanks and everyone ride safe,

Mike

Welcome troutwhisper, I think you like your GS, especially for finding the roads less traveled. I pass through Amherst occasionally. Have grabbed a bite at The Filling Station a few times. Good food and good (E0) gas. :)

Welcome troutwhisper, I think you like your GS, especially for finding the roads less traveled. I pass through Amherst occasionally. Have grabbed a bite at The Filling Station a few times. Good food and good (E0) gas. :)

The Filling Station is one of our favorite places to grab a great burger with a large selection of local craft beers on tap :thumb

Back