• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member from FL

bmwhigh123

Hi. Mike here. I was an MOA member quite a while back. Had a '71 R75/5 back in High School in the mid '70's for several years and sold it to aviate. I still have one that I picked up in the '80's as a basket case. It's still a basket case and maybe that's why I'm here, to see what I might do with it.

I currently have an '07 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe and have owned the R75, a K75, a 78 R100S (Sturgis twice '96 and '98), an 04' Hyabusa (a fine sport tourer), a smattering of dirt bikes, and the current Yamaha.

I'm retired, 67, and in the Daytona area.

Welcome Mike! The forum contains a plethora of good people and good info. Perhaps a picture or two of said basket case would help get the conversation rolling.

Welcome to the 21st Century BMW MOA forum, Mike!

I happen to be working on my R90S; having stripped the lower spark plug hole (some years ago and it popped out on a local ride). Like me & you, we're now retired in the Tennessee River valley and taking it all one day at a time. If'n you also become an official Airhead >> https://www.airheads.org <<, I'm sure FL's designated Airmarshal over in the Tampa area could help U bring your Airhead up-to-snuff. John's reachable on the WWW at: jglazeb1@verizon.net

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
USAF-Ret'd — & — USN-Ret’d

'75 R90S ————— '82 R100CS
’09 KLX250S ——— ’08 CRF230L
'14 K16GT ———— '16 R1200RS
’05 Vespa 200L -—- ’11 Vespa GTS 300
:beer

Thanks

Thank you all. I'm here to see if the basket case is worth my time and what little money I've got. Any help is appreciated. Otherwise it will wind up on the marketplace. Pictures coming asap.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the '70's vintage CB175 in the garage. Rough but turns over.

Mike

Back