• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Florida Laws

license tag improperly affixed
I wonder if that will be used against some innocent errors...

And the legal wording of "wheel leaving the ground" might include the time I came over the top of what turned out to be a steep hill at too high a speed. Yes, at one wheel may have left the ground for a short time, but I don't think it is worth $1000

Good. I hope more states follow Florida's lead on this anti-squid legislation.

details

HB 137, Operating a Motor Vehicle

ÔÇó Provides violations of s. 316.2085(2) and (3), F.S., regarding motorcycle operation, and violations of the speeding laws in ss. 316.183(2), 316.187, and 316.189, F.S., in excess of 50 miles per hour over the speed limit, are moving violations punishable as provided in ch. 318, F.S.

ÔÇó Includes the requirement that a person riding a motorcycle or moped must have both wheels on the ground at all times; however, an exception is added to provide it is not a violation if the wheels of the motorcycle or moped lose contact with the ground briefly due to the condition of the road surface or other circumstances beyond the control of the operator.

ÔÇó Requires the license tag of a motorcycle or moped be permanently affixed horizontally to the ground and may not be adjusted or capable of being flipped up. 213

ÔÇó Provides "tiered" penalties for violations of the newly created s. 316.1926, F.S.

Back