• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Navigator V lock tumbler broken

TravellingTartar

Hi. Has anyone ever broken a tumbler on their Nav V GPS mount? Now my GPS is locked in. I went to take it out today and suddenly the tumbler spun and then came out with the key!! Thx. Jim.

I do a lot of lock work......not familiar with this system exactly. You probably had the "core" come out. If this is the case, you should be able to gently reinsert the core and open the lock. One of the "wafers" that holds the core must have wiggled loose or wasn't in all the way in the first place.
There is a thread on those locks, perhaps I can bring it up later from the "tag cloud".
Gary

There is a spring loaded tab at the end of the lock cylinder that is supposed to click into place and hold the lock barrel in. Do what Gary suggests and listen for a click.

Back