• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Motorcycle friendly hotel in San francisco

A

aquinn

I'm planning a trip that may include a stop in San francisco. Does anyone know of a hotel with motorcyle parking?

I'm not sure what you mean in this context. Are you looking for dedicated motorcycle parking? Covered parking?

In my travels I generally camp, but every third day use a hotel to recharge everything. I look for parking outside of my ground floor room if possible (you can see if this is a possibility with the images brought up in a Google search). If it's not an option and I'm worried about security, most places will let you park under the awning by the main entrance where the front desk staff can keep an eye on it.

Best Western has an affiliation with Harley-Davidson (discount for guests if they ride), so that chain at least welcomes them. A friend who manages the BW in a nearby town says there is no special parking, but staff have been trained to offer parking by the entrance, cleaning rags (so bikers don't use hotel towels), etc.

If that wasn't the gist of your question, please elaborate.

Have a fun trip.

Pete

Yes;

SF is a generally m/c friendly city, with more BMW Dealers in sight than most ciities. Say within 100 miles anyhow. Its a BMW m/c rich area, with a lot of year round riders. Rooms? Unknown, but its a very large population center and a little searching should give you what you need for security. The Holiday Inn, right down near the waterfront(embarkadero) used to be quite a good bargain at under a 100bucks. Security unknown. Beautiful city, politics aside/extreme liberal. Either way, a great destination city for tourism and clearly one of our best looking cities in the West. Ride safe. I'm only 180miles SE and have ridden the cities,including SF many times over. The cable cars alone are worth all the effort riding there. Randy

I used to stay alot in the Holiday Inn just up the street from Union Square.... they would let me park the bike in the parking garage under the hotel.. right up front where the attendant could always see it... don't remember exactly which street it was on but the cable car ran right outside. That was back in the '80's so I don't know if things have changed there... you might want to check it out tho.

Be safe.

i don't know of anything inside the city, but i would suggest you look north of the bridge in Sausalito or the Mill Valley, Tiburon or Corte Madera areas.

My personal fave was the Corte Madera Inn.

The Manzanita area, where the PCH departs 101 and heads to the coast is another possibility, but might be a bit cheezy for your tastes.

ian

South of SF is cheaper;

The peninsula S of the city is cheaper, within say 5-10 miles of downtown. The N of the Golden Gate is very pricey and you can likely stay in the city for less $$$. Motel6 at around 60$ to all the higher prices exist, right close to SF. The Holiday Inn had 85$ rooms in the city, I spoke of above, but this was a few years ago. Enjoy. Randy:thumb

Back