• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Motorcycle Co-op

B

belquar

What are your thoughts? Many members travel. Many members may want to go ride somewhere but can't either take the time to ride all the way there to do the riding and then ride all the way home, ship the bike, or whatever. Renting a bike can be very costly. Some members live in areas where they have BTDT so many times they would just like a change of scenery for a weekend.

Could a MC Co-op work? Insurance? It would be pretty cool if there were a bunch of "extra" bikes at various locales across the country. Members could fly in, go ride. Return the bike. Host members would be responsible for getting the machines serviced and maintained. Membership dues would pay for that.

Book your time for the bike kinda like a time-share. Keeping it to members allows the bikes to be cared for and not ragged out like people tend to do a rental.

Just an idea I had last night.

i.e. Around here the NJ Pine Barren calls to off-roaders. Some F-650s and G-650s might be positioned around here. We have dealerships close by. Etc. Fly into philly, AC, Newark, or NY and come tear up the sand for a weekend. Then go home.

Whatchya think?

Already in place.

www.bikeshareworld.com This you could join, if you need a bike in Europe to Oz you could get one and allow yours for someone else to use. I hope to get another bike within the year and get involved. This way you meet riders from around the world and make new opportunities for myself. My goal also is to have a bike available here in case a RTW rider breaks down. While they wait for repairs they could use mine for local jaunts in the northeast. Bikeshare is better than renting, and you the owner can set the availability of your bike/s. The people involved in this venture are great. I never heard of any problems with the program dispite thinking someone will take my bike to Alaska for 3 months. But the pay back could being able to take a European bike to Africa ? I still have to find out about the insurance aspect.

Thanks for the link Chris. Very cool. And cheap. Seems that the flexibility of it really makes it work.

Cool.

Are there any members here who could provide a review of the above mentioned group?

Has anyone here done a bike share?

Back