• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOA membership levels?

dbaliko

I received a letter that my membership is up for renewal and I'm a little confused about the current membership levels. I'm currently a first class member, the renewal page will let me renew as a first class member, but nowhere does the website area that explains membership levels even mention first class membership anymore. I see a primary membership level and platinum level membership listed and explained, but I don't see first class. So is there a first class membership going forward? What is it? And how does it compare to the other levels. Thanks in advance for your help.

Doug

Doug -

I can't say as I've heard of this before...and I can't find anything on the main website about various memberships. I did find this member search app which does list a "First Class" membership search term. I used it to search for all "Doug" members with a First Class Membership...and you were on the list! :thumb

So, I guess it's still around. But I don't know much about it. Maybe contact Ray Tubbs @ ray@bmwmoa.org to get more info.

The first class membership includes first class postage for your magazine. With changes in postal service options over the last few years, first class and regular periodical mail have very little difference. Therefore, we haven't been pushing or selling new first class memberships. You can renew at that level, but honestly it is unnecessary. I would suggest saving the first class fees and purchasing the Platinum plan that includes roadside assistance and tire hazard protection.

Forgive me for barging in...

Shortly before leaving on a long trip last summer, I upgraded to Platinum with assistance and tire protection.

Turns out it was a good idea. I picked up a cotter pin. At the dealer, it was a cinch to get them in touch with a representative who arranged payment.

For sure will keep up the coverage.

It could happen to anyone, anywhere.

The first class membership includes first class postage for your magazine. With changes in postal service options over the last few years, first class and regular periodical mail have very little difference. Therefore, we haven't been pushing or selling new first class memberships. You can renew at that level, but honestly it is unnecessary. I would suggest saving the first class fees and purchasing the Platinum plan that includes roadside assistance and tire hazard protection.

That's it! They did used to offer first class postage option. Thanks.

Doug

Isn't there also a different classification for a member who has purchased their travel protection package (similar to triple-A) and some other stuff as opposed to a standard membership?

Two memberships include Roadside Assistance - Primary with Basic Roadside and Primary with Platinum Roadside. The Roadside programs are the same except that Platinum includes the tire replacement benefit. All other parameters are identical. Basic is $59 which includes the $40 for regular membership and Platinum is $79 including the $40 for membership. These levels are also available for Associate and Life Members.

Ted

I'm in the same predicament

I was considering becoming a life time member; until i figured out that i would have to live/ride something like another 30 years for a break-even!

Back